If the summer TV doldrums have you down, check out United Kingdom import Singletown on HBO Max. It takes five existing couples and follows them for a crazy summer where they break up, get rowdy in London, and then decide whether to get back together or split up for good.
The series premieres on HBO Max Thursday, August 20. Here’s what you need to know about the hosts and cast members.
This 30-year-old Brit is an actress and TV presenter best known for playing Charlotte Hinchcliffe on The Inbetweeners. She has also appeared on Lemon La Vida Loca, The Keith Lemon Sketch Show, The Keith & Paddy Picture Show, I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, and Dancing on Ice.
This 35-year-old British comedian and actor has appeared on Skins, Impractical Jokers UK, I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, The Masked Singer U.K., and Hey Tracey.
- George Bird, 21, https://www.instagram.com/george.birdd/
- Elliott Churchley, 25, https://www.instagram.com/elliottchurchley/
- Charlie David, 23, https://www.instagram.com/charlsdavi/
- Natasha Finn, 24, https://www.instagram.com/natashafinnxo/
- Megan Grace, https://www.instagram.com/meg_brodrick/
- Ella-Joy Green, https://www.instagram.com/ella_joy_green/
- Rob Greenway, 23, https://www.instagram.com/rob_greenway/
- Nathaniel Hanson, https://www.instagram.com/nat__hanson/
- Kyra Harding, https://www.instagram.com/kyraharding/
- Jeremiah Kanjakwa, 23, https://www.instagram.com/jeremiahkanjakwa/
- Luke Louza, 29, https://www.instagram.com/doublelwv/
- Sophie Moran, 18, https://www.instagram.com/lil_soph2/
- Claudia Trante, 21, https://www.instagram.com/claudiatrante/
- Selin Tursucu, 21, https://www.instagram.com/selin_ox/
Claudia & Rob: They’ve been together for three years. Claudia has never been single and is hoping to stop hopping from one relationship to the next.
Sophie & George: They’ve been together two and a half years, but George wants to try out a playboy lifestyle, while Sophie doesn’t want to settle down so young.
Selin & Jeremiah: They’ve been on and off for seven years. They’re hoping to figure out if they are really meant to be together.
Charlie & Elliott: Elliott reached out to Charlie on social media when Charlie hadn’t even come out of the closet yet. When Charlie finally came out to his family, he moved in with Elliot after seven months.
Natasha & Luke: This couple has been together for over two years, with Natasha wanting to settle down already, which Luke is not ready for.
Nathaniel & Meg: This couple joins the show partway through the first season. They recently took a break and Meg says Nathaniel slept with someone else in that time, while Nathan says Meg was messaging someone else.
Ella-Joy & Kyra: This pair came on the show partway through the season as well, trying to decide if they were right for each other or better off just being friends.
Singletown begins with a unique ending as five couples press pause on their relationships and spend one incredible summer living their best single lives in the city. The newly separated couples and their four new flatmates move into two luxury Singletown apartments, which, to their surprise, are located in the same building and come with a celebrity mentor.
Supported by their mentor’s matchmaking skills, the singletons embark on an indulgent summer full of money-can’t-buy exclusive dates, out of this world parties and unforgettable experiences. At the end of each week, the couples meet to take part in the Love Locket ceremony. Will they choose to reunite and leave the show as a couple or will one, or both of them, choose to stay single and remain in Singletown?
As the show goes on, more couples past the original five are introduced, which is why the cast list has 14 members instead of just 10.
Singletown is out now on HBO Max.