On the April 24, 2022 episode of ABC’s “American Idol“, the top 14 artists performed live coast-to-coast with hopes of receiving enough votes from viewers to make it through to the top 11. The top 11 contestants were announced at the end of the episode.
WARNING: Spoilers for the Top 14 performances and top 11 reveal episode of “American Idol” follow. Don’t read on if you don’t want to know who made it through to the Top 11.
Read on below for a live recap of the results as they aired. If you’d rather just have a list of which contestants made it through and which were eliminated, scroll to the bottom for that.
Because the episode aired live coast-to-coast, votes came in in real time from around the country. Voting stopped before the last commercial break, and then the artists who did not make it through were eliminated by the end of the episode.
The artists who did make it through move on to tomorrow night’s “Judges’ Song Contest” episode. During the episode, each judge will pick a song for the artists, and the artists will choose one of the three songs to sing. The judge who gets the most people to pick their song wins the contest.
Which Artists Were Eliminated?
The eliminated artists were announced at the tail end of the show.
Here’s who made it through:
- Leah Marlene (sang “Happy Together” by The Turtles)
- HunterGirl (sang “Baby Girl” by Sugarland)
- Jay Copeland (sang “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars)
- Fritz Hager (sang “Let It Go” by James Bay)
- Nicolina (sang “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen)
- Noah Thompson (sang “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King)
- Christian Guardino (sang “Take Me to Church by Hosier)
- Lady K (sang “I Believe” by Fantasia)
- Emyrson Flora (sang “Drivers License” by Olivia Rodrigo)
- Mike Parker (sang “Hurricane” by Luke Combs)
- Tristen Gressett (sang “What Do You Want From Me” by Adam Lambert)
Here’s who was eliminated:
- Allegra Miles (sang “Ocean Eyes” by Olivia Rodrigo)
- Ava Maybee (sang “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles)
- Dan Marshall (sang “She’s Got It All” by Kenny Chesney)
Throughout the show, each of the top 14 performed a breakout hit from an artist, and each of the contestants was mentored by Gabby Barrett.
‘American Idol’ Season 20 Schedule
There are just a handful of episodes remaining in the season 20 schedule of “American Idol” in 2022, and that means that the full schedule is available. The show will officially end for the season on Sunday, May 22 with a three-hour episode.
There will be no more Monday night episodes after the “Great Idol Reunion,” which airs on Monday, May 2.
Here’s what the remainder of the current known “American Idol” schedule looks like:
- Sunday April 24 – Top 14 (First episode LIVE coast-to-coast for the season, Top 11 reveal)
- Monday April 25 – Judge’s Song Contest (Top 11, LIVE coast-to-coast, top 9 reveal)
- Sunday May 1 – Disney Night (Top 9 performances, LIVE coast-to-coast)
- Monday May 2 – “The Great Idol Reunion” featuring fan-favorite alums
- Sunday May 8 – Top 7 (LIVE coast-to-coast performances)
- Sunday, May 15 – Top 5 (LIVE coast-to-coast)
- Sunday, May 22 – Season finale, winner crowned
“American Idol” airs on Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. Eastern time on ABC.