The Nintendo Wii U is the big N’s biggest push toward tablet gaming and usability.
Gamers young and old are having the time of their lives with Nintendo gaming staples on the console, such as Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World and The Wonderful 101. Nintendo consoles rarely run into huge hardware/software issues, but they still have their problems from time to time. The Wii U definitely runs into some big setbacks as time goes on.
Fixya, one of the leading product Q&A destinations for web and mobile, listed the most common problems they’re always getting troubleshooting requests for:
1. Freezing – 35%
2. Gamepad – 30%
3. Internet Connection – 15%
4. Audio/Video – 10%
5. Other – 10%
Numerous Wii U owners also listed their most common and frustrating problem with their console:
Although the problems have reportedly been addressed, a large number of Wii U owners are still having problems with the console freezing, along with a myriad of malfunctioning gamepad issues.
All you present and future Wii U owners out there need to know about the most prevalent hardware/software issues that you may or may not run into. Plus, we’ll list the appropriate info needed to solve them all.
Your Wii U is the life of the party, so keep it going by learning about the console’s common tech issues and the methods you need to take to solve them.
Reports of the Wii U freezing have been common since its launch in 2012, and while it appears Nintendo has addressed some of these issues over the course of the last year, there remains a segment of users who are having difficulties with their console freezing on them while in the course of using the system. Issues with devices freezing is not a brand new problem in the field of electronics, but the depth of queries on Fixya with this issue makes it one of the more concerning issues for Nintendo and their ability to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft’s consoles.
– Download any patches and updates for your Wii U by booting up your system, going into your system settings, and choosing the option to update your system.
– One of the associated issues with a console freezing is that the Wii U has become “bricked” (i.e. unable to be used anymore). After your device freezes, wait a few minutes before restarting it. If the console does not boot up properly after waiting a few minutes before restarting, immediately contact Nintendo customer service as your console may need to be replaced.
– Reset your Nintendo Wii U by turning off the console for two minutes, unplugging all of the cords associated with the device, and then plugging it back in.
– Make sure your Wii U is not overheating in any way. In order to reduce, put your system in a more open area with proper ventilation, place a fan next to the system in order to reduce heat, and ensure that the internal fan is running properly. If your console is overheating, make sure to let it rest for at least two hours before trying to boot it up again.
– Contact Nintendo customer service.
Head to the next page to get some info on the Wii U’s Gamepad problems!
Discuss on Facebook