Some users have reported issues with the audio or video functionality with their PlayStation 4. These issues manifest themselves in three primary ways: the audio not working (video is visible), video not working (audio is able to be heard), or the rare symptom of both the audio and video both not working.
For any issues with the audio/video performance of your PlayStation 4, please run through the following steps:
– Check if your PlayStation 4 is experiencing a blinking red or blue indicator light. If it is, please run through the troubleshooting steps for that issue (found above in this report).
– Via the settings menu on your PlayStation 4 homescreen, ensure that all of the audio and video options for your PlayStation 4 are up to date and what you need for your specific purposes and television.
– A short-term fix for any audio issues can be to use headphones to listen to any audio—sometimes audio can still be heard through headphones though not your television.
– Examine your HDMI cable and/or the HDMI ports on your television for any issues, as sometimes the PlayStation 4 will not display audio or video despite the issue not being a result of the console malfunctioning.
– Check the HDMI port on your PlayStation 4 for any issues—similar to the above troubleshooting step, an issue with your console’s HDMI port can cause problems with the device.
– Replace your HDMI cable to check to see if the issue is with your HDMI cable and that the issue is not with your console or television.
– Update your PlayStation 4’s firmware and software via any available online updates.
– Contact Sony customer service and discuss the issues with them.
Head to the next page to learn about how to fix the PS4’s freezing issue!
Discuss on Facebook