UPDATE: Watch the Advanced Arsenal Pre-Order trailer below!
Gamers have come to expect a brand new annual installment in Activision’s mega FPS franchise, Call of Duty.
The video game publishing giants was preparing to show off the latest COD on May 4, 2014. But once the new trailer itself and several in-game screenshots hit the web a few days early, Activision decided to show off the game with their own official trailer. This futuristic take on Call of Duty has been named Advanced Warfare, a fresh new take on the future of private military companies and the advancement of weapons and technology.
Check out the new official reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare above!
Several details have also been revealed along with this debut trailer:
• The release date is November 4, 2014.
• The gameplay shown in the trailer was done with an Xbox One.
• The plot focuses on a private military company that’s run by a new main character that’s portrayed by actor Kevin Spacey. This powerful military company has done the unthinkable by turning on the U.S. government.
• The gameplay shown in the trailer showcases a world that’s now filled with futuristic elements and instruments of war. Soldiers can be seen wielding powerful new firearms while encased in exoskeleton suits. Also seen in the trailer are drones and aircraft’s that are capable of cloaking enhancements. The soldiers themselves can also be seen sporting new piece of techs – gloves that allow them to climb up buildings and swift hoverbikes.
• Sledgehammer Games will be handling the development of this new Call of Duty title. Activision actually registered the trademark the title of Advanced Warfare back in 2010. Some of the other video game titles that were planned for trademark were “Future Warfare,” “Secret Warfare,” and “Space Warfare.”
Check out the special infographic on private military companies on the next page.
Discuss on Facebook