6. The 3DS Edition Will Feature Some Level Types That Are Nods to Past Sonic Games
The 3DS game will feature two special types of stages that feature elements of past Sonic the Hedgehog games. The Rival Races will command a player to race against a 2nd character, which is a gameplay scenario that should be familiar to fans of the Sonic Rivals series. The Tube Races will feature the same type of bonus stages gameplay that was introduced in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
7. A New Character Named Sticks Will Be Making Her Debut
The newest ally of Sonic and his friends will be a jungle badger named Sticks, who will be voiced by Nika Futterman. Sticks has access to a boomerang weapon and she has a knack for making good use of treasure trinkets.
8. Each of the Character’s Redesigns Were Done to Accentuate Their Abilities
As you’ve probably notice already, Sonic and his band of buddies now look a lot different. Sonic’s bandaged limbs, Tails’s goggles, Knuckles larger physical stature and Amy’s redesigned hammer were done in order to make their respective abilities more prevalent.
9. A New Animated Series Will Land on the Cartoon Network
The Sonic Boom television show will make its debut in the fall of 2014 on Cartoon Network. In France, this 3D animated show will start airing on the same time on Canal J & Gulli. Jack Fletcher will handle the show’s voice directing duties, which is a role he’s held for the video game series since 2010.
The other voice actors for the show includes:
• Sonic (Roger Craig Smith)
• Tails (Colleen Villard)
• Amy (Cindy Robinson)
• Knuckles (Travis Willingham)
• Sticks (Nick Futterman)
• Doctor Eggman (Mike Pollock)
• Orbot (Kirk Thornton)
• Cubot (Wally Wingert)
10. Several New Toys Will Launch Along With This New Universe
Tomy will produce the collection of toys, plush dolls and action figures for the Sonic Boom universe. Some of the toys that have been shown thus far include the Sonic Boom Launcher, Sonic Boom Plane Launcher and the Sonic Boom Burn Bot Playset.
Discuss on Facebook