Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Sonic Runners.
1. Get Yourself New Characters
• They are bound to have bonus abilities. Take Classic Sonic for example, he multiplies the distance you run by 2.5! Your other choices for playable characters includes Modern Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Amitie-Style Amy, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Cream, Big the Cat, Shadow, Rogue, E-123 Omega, Blaze, Silver and Metal Sonic. Note that Classic Sonic can only be used during the special “Happy Birthday, Sonic!” event from June 24th to July 3rd, 2015. Each character is a certain type, such as Knuckles Power Hero-type affiliation.
2. Don’t Forget to Level Up Your Characters
• Each time you use Rings to Level Up your characters, their stat bonuses grow a little bit. We preferred to stick it out with Sonic and make him the best character in our stable. He’s the most stable runner in the game since he can adapt quite easily to every stage’s obstacles. Score Bonus, Animal Bonus and Ring Bonus are the main stats you should upgrade since these are the primary activities you’ll do over everything else.
3. Match Up Your Character and Buddy Types
• Buddies have special bonuses when matched with their corresponding characters. For example, match the Egg Chao with any Speed type Character to get a 5-percent increase in the distance you run.
4. Follow Along The Path of Crystals and Rings & Make Sure You Take Eggman Every Time He Comes Around
• Each stage has paths of Crystals and Rings. If you follow those, you’ll be able to avoid all obstacles. Plus when you run into Eggman, you should always knock some rings out of him. Sometimes he’ll drop a Red Ring or two after an attack lands. Boost your score, double jump over his jump pads if you need to and bring his life down to 0 every time he pops up.
5. Match Up Stage and Character Types
• Check the “Play” button at the bottom of the screen. It will have a Speed, Power or Fly type icon on it. Choose a Speed type when playing a Speed stage to optimize your chance of getting a high score!