Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom.
1. Use Your Dash
• You can fill your Dash Bar (top of the screen) by collecting the Blue Orbs on the track. When the bar is full, double-tap the screen to start your Dash. You’ll be able to charge through anything without taking damage and you’ll automatically jump over any gaps. You can use your Dash any time but it can be worth holding on to it for those tricky moments where you really need to get out of trouble.
2. Collect Rings
• Collect Gold Rings as often as you can when you’re running. They’ll prevent you from dying if you hit a Mine, Spike or Enemy (although you will lose the rings you were carrying so re-stock as soon as you can). Rings collected from each run can also be used for purchasing upgrades to your Characters and Sprites (more on these later). Each day a set number of Red Star Rings will be available to collect on the track. You’ll need Red Star Rings for Characters, Sprites and Revives so it’s worth returning each day to pick them up.
3. Use Sprites
• Sprites are collectible companions that can be equipped each time you run. Sprites provide a wide variety of extra benefits including bonus Revives, longer Dash times, more Power-ups and extra Rings. “One Use” Sprites are as you’d expect, single use, so make sure you equip them when they’ll benefit you the most. “Forever” Sprites can be used as many times as you like, so there’s no reason to ever run without them – and make sure to upgrade them as often as you can because the higher level Sprites can really make a big difference. When you first unlock Sprites, the first equip slot is free, however it’s worth unlocking the other two slots as quickly as you can to really make the most of the benefits they offer.
4. Compete in Events
• Missions are a great way to earn rewards, but if you want a shot at the really big prizes, Events are the way forward. You can access Events from the Main Menu by pressing the Events button and then choosing from the list of what’s currently live. Most Events also feature leaderboards, so once you’ve completed the main goal you can carry on competing with other players for the really big top tier prizes.
5. Use Combos
• Combos are the fastest way to rack up really big scores. You can build combos by chaining together certain types of move within a set time. These include destroying Enemies, dodging obstacles (moving out of the way at the last moment), running through Hoops, jumping on Springs and running over Dash Pads.