Trion Worlds has been a key developer/publisher in the PC gaming spectrum. Their MMO pedigree remains intact thanks to titles such as RIFT and Trove.
They’re in the midst of releasing a brand new project that employs team-based tactics: Atlas Reactor. For those who’ve already gotten a taste of the game, you know the comparisons to XCOM and Overwatch ring true. Atlas Reactor is nearing its launch and you should all make sure to give it a try and figure out its most efficient teams and character combinations. Hop into the free open weekend for the beta (May 13-15, 2016) and see if the hype is real.
But before you do, make sure you take heed of these developer crafted tips and excel at Atlas Reactor.
1. Use the Dashing Technique
• Dashes are incredibly useful. Use them to dodge Dash phase and Blast phase attacks, or even save allies by dashing into the path of a shot meant for them.
2. Sometimes, It’s Best to Remain Stationary
• Sometimes the best move is standing still. Traps laid down during the Prep phase can punish players that Dash or Move.
3. Knockbacks and Pulls are Essential Attacks
• Knockbacks and Pulls are very powerful when used in conjunction with Traps. These displacement effects always happen at the end of the Blast phase.
4. Take Refuge Near a Wall Sometimes
• Being next to a wall will reduce damage taken from that direction by 50-percent, unless the attacker is also adjacent to you.
5. The Basics Behind Pulling Off a “Chase”
• You can “chase” a player by right-clicking on an opponent (or Ally!). When you chase an opponent you will try to move where they move to. Chasers will move at the end of the Move phase.
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook