The return of one of gaming’s most evolutionary FPS’s came in the form of 2011’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution. While the game had a few issues that kept it from truly being incredible, it still garnered enough adoration from fans to guarantee a sequel.
That sequel is on schedule to finally release in 2016. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is set to bring all the factors that made its predecessor such a memorable experience. You’ll once again take control of the augmented super agent Adam Jensen, who’s trying to confront the sinister superpower pulling the strings behind everything. This 1st-person shooter is prepared to offer the same fun mix of open world exploration, intense combat scenarios, hacking minigames and important social interactions seen in Human Revolution. New weapons, augmentation abilities and more will make this sequel even better.
We’re here to provide you with a thorough guide on everything there is to know about Deus Es: Mankind Divided.
1. This Sequel’s Plotline Places Adam Jensen in the Year 2029
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place two years after the traumatic events of Human Revolution. In 2027, an event (which has been dubbed the “Aug Incident”) has transpired in which mechanically augmented humans became uncontrollable due to the broadcasting of a frequency that made them adopt erratic behaviors. The general public now deems augmented individuals as nothing more than dangerous beings who must now be segregated from the rest of civilization.
Little do they know though that the secret organization known as the Illuminati has the power to control human implanted technology. A unknown member of that organization is actually responsible for the Aug Incident due to his/her hatred of augmentation technology. Instead of revealing the truth behind such a violent event, they’ve chosen to conceal it and spread more disinformation among the world. As Adam Jensen, you work alongside Interpol and Juggernaut in order to complete two goals: take down a terrorist group full of augmented humans and properly take on the Illuminati association.
2. Two Major Factions Have Sprung Up After the Chaos Caused by the “Aug Incident”
Adam Jensen will be pulled in a bunch of different directions as he seeks the truth behind the Aug Incident. He’ll interact with several organizations, which includes the Augmented Rights Coalition (A.R.C.) and Task Force 29 (TF29). Check out the descriptions behind each group below to get an idea of their overall mission statement:
– The Augmented Rights Coalition (A.R.C.) is an international group of augmented activists who are fighting for the fair treatment of transhumans. Despite the fact that ARC is a non-governmental organization, it has a considerable amount of political power in many countries. This is due to the sheer number of people supporting the coalition. This power makes ARC a threat to groups which wish to further restrict augmented people.
– Task Force 29 (TF29) is an anti-terrorist intelligence and response team funded by Interpol. Its goal is to tackle the rise in terrorism following the Aug Incident. To deal with these threats as effectively as possible, TF29 has global jurisdiction without being impeded by bureaucracy. The task force has divisions operating all over the world including in Prague and Oman. It is headed by a series of directors. These directors use the Neural Sub Net to communicate privately and to plan operations. One such director is Jim Miller, who oversees the Prague branch of TF29.
3. A New Gameplay Mode Debuting in This Game is Called Breach
“Breach” is an entirely new gameplay mode that’s free of charge. This arcade-like puzzle solving experience puts you in the role of a hacker named Ripper. Your mission is simple: infiltrate some of the world’s most secure servers and obtain/sell off lucrative corporate data. The corporations behind these servers includes the Palisade Bank (the main server host), Tarvos Security, VersaLife and Steiner Bisley.
Each of the server’s you’ll navigate through all stick to a particular visual/gameplay theme. You can choose to tackle each of Breach’s missions in any way you choose. The funds you obtain from completing each mission goes towards gaining new character upgrades. As you go further along through Breach, Ripper will be granted access to more experience, booster packs and credits. New puzzle challenges will be added to the game as content updates roll out.
4. Several Bonuses Come With Pre-Order Copies of the Standard Edition
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’s Standard Edition comes with a variety of cool pre-order goodies. The “Day One” Edition comes with several in-game bonus items, such as the “Covert Agent” packs, an extra mission, digital books and a digital sampler version of the original soundtrack. ComiXoglogy users will actually get a free digital copy of Deus Ex #1. If you choose to pre-order the game from Amazon, you’ll get a download code for the digital Prima 24-page mini-strategy guide.
5. A Massive Collector’s Edition is Also Available for Major Deus Ex Fans
Not only does the game’s Collector’s Edition grant its fans all of the “Day One” Edition content, it also throws in some cool physical goods. Everything in this package will come enclosed within a black and gold “Prism” collector’s box. Inside that box is a 9-inch tall Adam Jensen figure, 48-page Titan Art Book and a Limited Edition SteelBook.