At the beginning of Pokémon Go, players are presented with three options for their starter Pokémon: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. But what if you’re not happy with those three choices? What if you want to stand your ground and say, “No, game, I want Pikachu!” As it turns out, it is possible if you know the Pokémon Go cheats to use.
Here’s what you need to do to get Pikachu as your starter.
- When the game surrounds your avatar by Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, walk away from them (in real life).
- As you walk in any direction, Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur will keep spawning next to you.
- Keep walking in one direction and force them to respawn four times in a row.
- On the fourth or fifth spawn, Pikachu will appear as an option.
- Walk over to Pikachu and catch him.
If you already started the game without doing this trick, you’ll have to start again with a new account if you really want Pikachu as a starter. Otherwise, don’t sweat it; he isn’t too rare of a Pokémon, so you’ll likely be able to find him during your regular gameplay. He often spawns near science-related Poké Stops or anything related to electricity.
In fact, no matter what Pokémon you begin with, you can catch all the others throughout the game. Just as Pikachu will be found near electricity related spots, you can find Squirtle near water, Bulbasaur near greenery, and Charmander near fire stations.