Here are the top 10 tips/tricks/cheats you need to know for Kubo: A Samurai Quest.
1. Know Your Levels
• There are several types of levels in Kubo: A Samurai Quest. Music and escape levels are timed, so you have to match quickly. In battle levels, it’s more important to match hearts, swords and magic orbs than anything else. Knowing the best way to handle each challenge is the key to success.
2. Take Your Time (When You Can)
• Most levels have move limits (or enemy health bars) rather than timers. If you’re not on the clock, take it slow and plan out your moves. When there’s no rush, you should have an easier time of getting a higher score.
3. Match Big
• Lining up three of a kind is fine, but more is better. Matching up four or more of a kind will produce helpful power-ups that can be used to clear out large chunks of the board. In some levels it will also help you complete challenges faster – such as with origami folding or playing music, where the goal is to clear set numbers of specific colored tiles.
4. Spend ’em if You Got ’em
• You can buy origami boxes using gems (rare or better) or coins (common). Do this whenever you have the currency to spare. A more diverse origami army will likely give you an elemental advantage over enemies, and acquiring doubles can make your existing origami creatures even more powerful.
5. Don’t Forget Your Boxes
• The origami boxes you buy from the store with coins and gems will open immediately, but any boxes you earn from completing levels have to be opened manually. It’s a simple matter of tapping on the box type in the Box Set slot below the map and waiting for the timer to run down (or using gems to speed it up), but if you don’t remember to select a box it’s never going to open.