One of the best indie games released in recent memory is a dope side-scrolling skateboarding title. OlliOlli (and its sequel) was a delight to fans looking for a uplifting soundtrack, retro visuals and gnarly tricks.
In a cool gesture pulled off by the game’s development team, they’ve packaged both titles together into one physical limited edition. That special release has been labeled as the Epic Combo Edition, which gives you a combination of both OlliOlli releases. A deeper combo system, new locations to skate across and a wealth of new challenges are just some of the best features present in this steal of a deal.
If you’ve never taken either OlliOlli game for a spin, don’t worry. We spent some time with the devs behind both games and they gave us the top 10 tips you need to know. After using these, you’ll take over the leaderboards in no time.
1. Do the Tutorial…Seriously
• You may think OlliOlli is simple enough to pick up and play, but it is deceptively tough. Doing the tutorial is crucial – don’t skip it; OlliOlli is unlike any skating game you’ve ever played.
2. Rhythm is Everything
• Timing your grinds and landings is not just about big scores, but crucial to finish stages and completing goals. A perfect grind also gives you a speed boost, which definitely comes in handy later on.
3. Mix Up Tricks for Better Combos
• The combo system penalizes you for repeating the same trick over and over – because our game designer John says that “Variety is the Spice of Life.” Try combining all of the different tricks you learned into one massive combo. You’ll get way more points this way.
4. Collect the Golden Skateboards for the Hidden Trophy
• There are five hidden golden skateboard collectibles across five stages. To find them, jump over the crowds in these five stages and continue further into the level. There is a hidden rail before the crowd that lets you do this. Keep an eye out and you’ll see them.
5. Confident? Enter a Score on the Daily Grind
• You only get one chance – so after you’ve finished practicing, hold your breath and nail the biggest combo you can. Can you become King of the Spot today?
Discuss on Facebook