Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be coming to the Nintendo Switch soon and features updated content from the Wii U release of Mario Kart 8.
New features include the addition of battle mode, additional characters like the inklings from Splatoon, news tracks and returning tracks from previous installments of the game.
Deluxe will include all the DLC from the Wii U version. The new characters are King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr. and two inklings from Splatoon. The DLC from the Wii U version included six characters, eight vehicles and 16 tracks. Buyers were also given eight new colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy.
A smart steering feature will be introduced which is designed to make it easier to drive and stay on the track for novice players. The new courses will be Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium and returning ones will be Luigi’s Mansion from Double Dash and Battle Course 1 from Super Mario Kart.
Nintendo released a statement going into further detail about what will be included in battle mode. There will be five new modes introduced:
- Renegade Roundup: A mode with one team trying to catch them and put them into jail. The opposing team must try to break their team out of jail by hitting a button underneath the cell.
- Balloon Battle: Players earn points by popping balloons on the back of opposing players’ karts by using items.
- Bob-omb Blast: A mode where players throw bombs at opponents.
- Coin RunnersL Players will collect the most coins as possible while racing around the battle tracks.
- Shine Thief: Players steal a Shine Sprite and hold onto in for 20 seconds.
At least Donkey Kong can dab now.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches for the Nintendo Switch April 28, 2017. A Joy-Con Wheel accessory is also launching that day for $14.99 for a set of two.
Discuss on Facebook