Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles was announced last week and now it is available for pre-order. Treyarch and Activision release a bunch of new information today in a blog post.
Zombies Chronicles is designed to take players through the various maps they have missed if they haven’t played all the Treyarch Call of Duty titles. Zombie Chronicles will features eight remastered maps from World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II. The maps will be updated with current-generation graphics including enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments and updated AI and audio systems. Players will also be able to use weapons from Black Ops III that weren’t available in the older games.
Don’t forget to tune in for the live stream where the game will be detailed more in-depth.
Here are the list of maps that will be making a return along with their description:
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
On top of those maps, players will also get the following in-game items:
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive
The game is an expansion for Call of Duty: Black Ops III and is not included in the game’s season pass. Like most Call of Duty content this generation, the pack will be coming to PS4 players first.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles releases May 16 and will cost $29.99. It is coming to the Xbox One and PC as well but we will learn more about those versions at a later date. The PS4 version is now available for pre-order.
Will you be picking up the expansion? Let us know in the comments.
Treyarch is handing the keys to Sledgehammer Games as the series moves forward with Call of Duty WWII. A zombies mode was confirmed to appear in the upcoming title.
You can check out the Zombies Chronicles story trailer below.