Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles is coming next Tuesday and we got our first glimpse at the gameplay today. Zombies Chronicles is a collection of eight remastered maps from World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II. The maps are updated with current-generation graphics including enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments and updated AI and audio systems. From the looks of the gameplay trailer, it looks pretty good.
The eight maps making the jump from the previously mentioned games are:
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles releases May 16 and will cost $29.99. It is coming to the Xbox One and PC as well but we will learn more about those versions at a later date. The PS4 version is now available for pre-order. PS4 players who pre-order will get access to an exclusive dynamic system theme designed by the Metal Gear Solid artist. You can read more about the game here.