Heroes of the Storm released its latest patch today and with it came D.Va as a playable hero in the Nexus. She becomes the fifth Overwatch character to join cast along with Tracer, Lucio, Zarya and Genji.
D.Va’s abilities closely match her Overwatch skills as she joins the Heroes cast. you can read the full list of her abilities below:
- When D.Va’s Mech is destroyed, she is ejected after 0.75 seconds and can continue to fight in Pilot Mode. Destroying D.Va’s Mech only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP.
- Each Basic Attack reduces the cooldown of Call Mech by 0.5 seconds. As a Pilot, D.Va only awards 50% of a normal Hero’s XP upon death.
- While in Mech Mode, D.Va can shoot while moving, but her Movement Speed is reduced by 15%.
- D.Va can only use Mounts while in Pilot Mode.
- Increases D.Va’s Movement Speed by 125% for 2 seconds. Enemies that are hit take damage and are knocked away.
- D.Va cannot be Slowed while Boosters are active.
Defense Matrix (W)
- Channel a defensive field in the target direction for 3 seconds, reducing damage dealt by enemy Heroes inside it by 75%. The Mech can move while channeling, but cannot turn.
- Damage dealt to the Mech by enemies within Defense Matrix still grants the same amount of Self-Destruct Charge.
- Requires Mech Mode.
- Eject from the Mech, setting it to self-destruct after 4 seconds. Deals medium to massive damage in a large area, depending on distance from the center of the blast. Deals 50% damage against Structures.
- Gain 1% Charge for every 2 seconds spent using Basic Attacks, and 30% Charge per 100% of Mech Health lost.
Call Mech (E)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Call a new Mech and enter Mech Mode. 45 second cooldown. While in Pilot Mode, each Basic Attack lowers this cooldown by 0.5 seconds.
Bunny Hop (R)
- Requires Mech Mode.
- D.Va’s Mech becomes Unstoppable and stomps every 0.5 seconds, dealing damage and Slowing enemies by 40%. Lasts 4 seconds.
Big Shot (R)
- Requires Pilot Mode.
- Deal damage to all enemies in a line. Call Mech’s cooldown is reduced by 8 seconds for each enemy Hero hit.
Of course, other things have changed with the patch as Blizzard has increased the Battleground rotation from six to nine maps. We have included the list of bug fixes from the new patch below.
- Ghost Tracer: Recall visual effects will now correctly display on Ghost Tracer’s model when using Recall.
- Lúcio: Will no longer appear elevated on the Ranked screen.
- Prime Evil Diablo: Apocalypse visual effects will no longer persist on Prime Evil Diablo’s model when casting Apocalypse immediately after Hellgate.
- Braxis Holdout: Fixed an issue that could cause players to receive an AFK warning while contesting a Beacon.
- Braxis Holdout: Beacon UI that appears below the minimap will now correctly appear neutral if they are not controlled by either team.
- Towers of Doom: Heroes can no longer clip into the edges of the terrain when moving near the edges of the allied Hall of Storms.
- Try Mode: The Refresh Forts button will no longer cause Malfurion to spawn when Allied Hero is set to None.
Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
- Abathur: Fixed an issue in which Networked Carapace provided a lower than intended Shield amount.
- Abathur: Secondary Shields granted by Networked Carapace will no longer benefit from Sustained Carapace.
- Azmodan: When Demonic Invasion is cast on an area of terrain that is not pathable, the Demonic Grunts will now be placed as close as possible to the casting location, rather than failing to spawn.
- Azmodan: Issuing a Move Command during All Shall Burn’s wind-up time will no longer cancel the Ability cast.
- Cassia: Inner Light’s tooltip now consistently states that range is increased by 25% before and after taking the Talent.
- Cassia: Martial Law will no longer apply bonus damage to slowed or stunned Minions and Mercenaries.
- Cassia: Fixed an issue that could cause Valkyrie to pull its target farther than intended if Cassia was Stopped.
- Dehaka: Basic Attacks will now correctly reduce Drag’s cooldown after learning Feeding Frenzy.
- Gall: Can now properly cast Shove while channeling Shadow Bolt volley.
- Gazlowe: Fixed an issue preventing Rock It! Turrets from being self-cast or placed beneath unit and Hero models.
- Kerrigan: Bladed Momentum will no longer grant cooldown reduction for secondary targets hit by Basic Attacks after learning Fury of the Storm.
- Tracer: Can now correctly attack Minions who are affected by Sylvanas’ Possession.
- Announcers: Will now play their “Prepare for Battle” voiceover lines during the opening moments of a match.
- Hero Select: Fixed an issue that could cause some heroes’ voiceover to echo after clicking Ready during Hero Select.
- Hero Select: Lúcio will now correctly play voiceover upon searching for a match in the Portuguese and Chinese game clients.
- Collection: The Collection screen will no longer appear cut off when screen resolution is set to 1280×1024 or 1152×864.
- Collection: Hovering the cursor over a truncated item name in the Collection will now correctly display a tooltip that states the item’s full name.
- Emojis: Emojis whispered between Heroes of the Storm players will now display their shortcodes when the whisper is viewed in the Blizzard Launcher’s chat window.
- Quick Cast: Fixed an issue causing abilities to fail when quick-casted over the minimap with the “Right Click through Minimap” option enabled.
This week kicked off the last week of the Nexus Challenge 2.0. If you participate, you can get skins for your Overwatch characters and there’s still time to get all 20 matches in if you’ve missed the previous weeks.
You can also check out the drop rates for rare, epic and legendary items in Heroes of the Storm too, at least the drop rates in China. There’s no telling if the rates are the same in all parts of the world.
Discuss on Facebook