6. Know Your Enemy
• The standard “Shambler” zombies are, as the name suggests, sluggish but vast in their numbers. While these hordes take time to destroy, keep a close eye on other zombies such as quicker dog-like creatures, projectile-throwing zombies and giant beasts called “Titans”. The latter in particular are very resistant to machine gun-fire, so prepare the big guns when seeing these in your sights.
7. Keep an Eye on the Timer
• For each scenario you have three minutes to keep your ground troops alive while successfully looting all resources in an area. It’s not easy task – that’s why it’s important to keep clearing a path for your troops so they can stay on the move. Many missions succeed or failure in the final 30-seconds before the evac, so make sure you’re prepared for this final zombie onslaught.
8. Upgrade Your Base
• The core buildings of your base are the Headquarters, Armory and Metal and Supply storage facilities. These vital facilities need to be protected from zombie attacks that will happen every four hours. So make sure to upgrade your defensive facilities (walls, towers, mortars) and strategically adjust the layout of your base to prevent zombies from reaching your Headquarters.
9. Regularly Scrap Spare Weapons
• Keep a close eye on your arsenal for any weapons that are gathering dust. All-important weapon parts can be obtained by scrapping your unwanted weapons, ensuring that the weapons you are using can then be boosted and leveled up. Just don’t forget that once scrapped, that weapon cannot be recovered.
10. Boost Your Weapons
• When it comes to facing more challenging enemies, you’ll need to start boosting your firepower using your weapon parts and metal stockpile. Head over to the Workshop at your base and level up your arsenal. Once a weapon can be boosted no further, you can increase its star-rating by fusing spare weapons – nothing is wasted and your arsenal becomes even more powerful.