Friday The 13th: The Game is the multiplayer based game by developer Gun Media that tasks users with assuming the role of either a helpless camp counselor or the vicious killer Jason Voorhees. While the title had a large following, the game suffered from a number of issues across all platforms. Thankfully, today a new patch has dropped that not only addresses many fan concerns but fixes them.
The most notable adjustment is to the Matchmaking, as it suffered heavily from players waiting forever to connect to matches or in some cases being completely unable to play at all. There were also a number of bugs or weird glitches fixed like the Perk Roller freezing or Jason’s mask hovering in the air when it’s knocked off him. Our personal favorite is the adjustment to the music, which at times could get seriously annoying depending on how long a pursuit with Jason went.
Here are the full patch notes for the PlayStation 4 version of Friday The 13th: The Game:
– Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match make.
– Added a Random option in the lobby.
– Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
– Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
– Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.
– Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
– Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
– Fixed a few areas where the player couldn’t reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
– Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
– Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
– Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
– Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
– Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
– Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
– Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
– Fixed Jason’s mask floating when knocked off.
– Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
– Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
– Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
– Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
– Fixed some host specific crashes.
– Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
– Fixes for DLC
Gun Media is also currently working on an upgraded matchmaking system for the Xbox One, however, this is not live yet. The team explains they are currently in the testing phase for this system, but they are looking to send this patch live either this Thursday or Friday. They are also working on security upgrades for Steam users, however, information on this is limited for the time being.
Also, make sure to check your Perks and Jason kills as they seem to have been reset with this patch. You will still have the Perks, but you’ll need to go in and re-equip them to your counselor of choice. The last thing you want to do is go into a game with no extra benefits.