Zapdos will be here in Pokemon Go until August 14, and we’re hoping Niantic brings Zapdos back at some point in the near future. While Zapdos is still around, how can you have your best chance at success against the Pokemon in Raids? Here are the best moves and counters that players have noted so far.
As a powerful electric Pokemon, your best counter is a ground attack, although Zapdos does have resistance to Ground-type attacks.
GamePress suggests that the best overall counters for Zapdos are:
- Golem, Golem, Golem: Pretty much your best bet is setting up a strong Golem team to counter Zapdos. Level 30 or higher is the ideal, with Rock Throw movesets.
- Next up is Piloswine with Avalanche can be a good choice if you’re out of Golems.
- Next up is Jynx, Dragonite, or Tyranitar.
- An Articuno powered up to 37 might be better than Dragonite against Zapdos. This is still inferior to a Level 30 Golem, however.
Here are some more details, per GamePress:
- Supreme Counter: Golem with Rock Throw/Stone Edge or Rock Blast
- Good Counter: Tyranitar with Bite + Stone Edge
- Good Counter: Piloswine with Ice Shard or Powder Snow + Avalanche
- Good Counter: Dragonite with Dragon Breath or Dragon Tail + Dragon Claw or Outrage
Redditor ADD_ikt created a spreadsheet detailing the best moves and counters for Zapdos for the fewest trainers, and came up with similar findings to Gamepress. The Pokemon below all are estimated at Level 30 or higher.
- Golem with Rock Throw + Stone Edge
- Tyranitar with Bite + Stone Edge
- Dragonite with Dragon Breath + Dragon Claw
- Piloswine with Power Snow + Avalanche
- Jynx with Frost Breath + Avalanche
What have your experiences been with the best counters against Zapdos? Do they match up with these estimates? Let us know in the comments below.