It’s another week which means it’s time for another patch in Epic Games’ Fortnite: Battle Royale. This week we’re seeing a bunch of bug fixes while also a few new additions to the game itself.
The “rocket riding” bug that was found by players as part of the Fortnitemares event is staying in the game and has been officially confirmed in this week’s patch notes. The bug was originally available with the pumpkin rockets but is being patched to work with the normal rockets too.
Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
The wording suggests the rocket is either not receiving another seasonal event update or a new event isn’t starting right after Fortnitemares wraps up. Outside of various bug fixes and UI changes, the biggest part of this patch is the addition of the Smoke Grenade.
This new grenade will be found as either floor loot or from any container and it will help provide cover as you make a quick attack or escape. It is thrown like a normal frag grenade but instead of exploding and killing other players, it’ll instead create a cloud of white smoke. The grenade is non-lethal but it will help give battles more flavor.
Another important addition with his patch are the two new leaderboards. Global wins will now show the top 50 players for the selected match type – Solo, Duos and Squads. This number will be measured by wins alone.
The other leaderboard, named Score, shows the amount of total experience gained and will sort by that. Both of these leaderboards will be unveiled tomorrow when the patch goes live.
Here are the complete patch notes for Fortnite: Battle Royale update 1.9.1:
- Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.
For more Fortnite: Battle Royale coverage, content and guides stay with us here at Heavy. Make sure you check out the rest of our gaming coverage too.