Final Fantasy XV has always been suspected of receiving a PC port, especially since all the mainline Final Fantasy titles, including Final Fantasy XII and The World of Final Fantasy have appeared (or are coming) on PC, but we are also received an enhanced console version of the game.
When we first reported the news of a Windows Edition we were left guessing in terms of release date and system requirements but today he can share both of those with you. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition launches March 6 and here are the specs you’ll need for your PC:
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
What we didn’t know about then was the existence of Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition. The Royal Edition features the base game along with 20 game add-ons and DLC on top of the new features and expanded map. The console-only Royal Edition will also bring over the first-person perspective being introduced in the PC version. This version will also see a release on March 6 for Xbox One and PS4.
The “Royal Pack” including the contents found in the Royal Edition will be available separately on March 6 for a price yet to be determined via the Xbox Store and the PlayStation Store for players who already own the base Final Fantasy XV experience.
Here are the new features being included in the new version:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
For more gaming news, features and guides stay with us here at Heavy.