Snack bars are convenient and easy, and they’re easy to stash in your purse or pocket for some on-the-road fuel. Portability and simplicity are key when you are trying to balance a healthy lifestyle with a busy schedule. Unfortunately, some of the snack, power, and protein bars that are marketed as ‘healthy’ options are actually worse for you than regular candy bars.
Here are our picks for the best healthy snack bars in your grocery aisle, based on both taste and nutrition.
1. Best All-Natural Snack Bar: Larabar Banana Bread
Per bar: 230 cal, 11 g fat, 30 g carbs, 20 g sugar, 0 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein
2. Best Nutty Snack Bar: Kind Plus Almond Cashew + Omega-3
Per bar: 180 calories, 10 g fat, 20 g carbs, 0 mg sodium, 13 g sugars, 4 g fiber, 4g protein
3. Best Fruity Bar: Pure Organic Cranberry Orange Bar
Per bar: 190 calories, 8 g fat, 27 g carbs, 19 g sugar, 5 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein
4. Best Healthy Chocolate Bar: Double Chocolate Brownie Balance Bar
Per bar: 200 calories, 7 g fat, 21 g carbs, 17 g sugar, 150 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein
5. Best Protein Bar: Coconut Cashew Quest Bar
Per bar: 170 calories, 6 g fat, 25 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 250 mg sodium, 17 g fiber, 20 g protein
Discuss on Facebook