Nursing bras are a must for any busy mom on the go. A great nursing bra provides comfort and support, while also making it easier to breastfeed or pump. There are many different styles of nursing bra. Some have underwire, while others are soft and seamless. Don’t know where to start on your search for a nursing bra? We’ve rounded up five of the best, cheap nursing bras on the market today. Whether you’re on your first kid or your fifth, these comfortable, convenient bras will make nursing much easier. Want even more great suggestions? Check out our guide to the best maternity bras.
1. Playtex Expectant Moments Style 4115 – Underwire Nursing Bra
One common nursing bra problem is strap slippage. When some women start nursing, they find that the straps of the bra are liable to slip off the shoulders, which can be annoying. This bra features shoulder straps that are closer together, to minimize slippage. The cups of the bra are slightly stretchy, while a soft-coated underwire provides support for fuller breasts. An inner frame helps contour the breast during the act of nursing.
- Close-set, wide-top straps
- Supportive underwire
- Contouring inner frame
- Limited size options for larger breasts
- Some women dislike contoured shape of breast caused by bra
- A few users have complained of discomfort due to materials used
Find more Playtex Expectant Moments Style 4115 – Underwire Nursing Bra information and reviews here.
2. Freya Dotty Nursing Bra
Freya is a great company for women with larger cup sizes. This particular style is available in cup sizes as large as HH, making it ideal for women who had large breasts even before they got pregnant. While it’s not the cheapest option on our list, it is high quality, and several sizes are available at a deep discount. We like this style because of the fancy touches like lace and bows, which make this bra feel more special than some of the other bras we’ve seen. This style includes wireless cups that are free from cookies, padding, or support panels. This makes this style ideal for women who want a no-fuss bra with no added bulk.
Price: $46 – $72, depending on size selected
- Wire-free design may minimize bust pain
- Easy drop-down release plastic nursing clasps
- Lots of extended sizes
- Some women complain about “creaky” nursing clips
- No wires, so some women feel less supported
3. La Isla Women’s Padded Maternity Underwire Nursing Bra With Full Sing
Shopping on a tight budget, or simply unwilling to spend upwards of $70 on a bra that you’ll only need for a year or two? Then this inexpensive nursing bra is probably ideal for your needs. It comes in three different colors, and a fair number of sizes for cups B-DD. There’s not a lot of bells and whistles here, but there is an underwire in each cup for added support.
Price: $15.99 – $17.99
- Multiple color options
- Easy access
- Few options for full-figured women
- Somewhat narrow straps, which may dig into shoulders
Find more La Isla Women’s Padded Maternity Underwire Nursing Bra with Full Sing information and reviews here.
4. Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
Another nice option for ladies who dislike underwire bras, this style from Bravado features proprietary clips that will lay flat under close-fitting clothing. There’s also a huge variety of fun colors, which is great for gals who like a pop of color in their lingerie. Due to the soft nature of this bra, this may be a style that ages well, adapting to the changing shape of breast tissue in the months after giving birth. We also like that it can be converted to a “normal bra”.
- Removable molded foam cups
- Soft, seamless design
- Proprietary Bra Conversion Kit (BCK) lets you change bra into “normal” style after nursing is complete
- No underwire, which is a turnoff for some women
- Limited size options
- Sizing is SML, not based on cup or band sizes
5. Bella Materna Women’s Smooth Cup Underwire Nursing Bra
This luxe bra has a lot going more it, including supportive, lactation consultant-approved underwires. We also like that it’s available in larger cup sizes, and features wicking fabric for increased comfort in warm weather. Some women report that the cups run a bit large, so take that into consideration while you shop.
Price: $16.42 – $72.00, depending on size and color selected
- Patented flexi-wires are lactation consultant approved for safe nursing
- Available in cup sizes up to H
- Cup sizes F and G feature wider straps and taller hook eye at back
- Soft fabric wicks moisture, certified toxin-free
- Limited color options
- Some wearers report that nipples are visible
- Some women report cups run a bit large
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.