When it comes to smoking cannabis, there are so many phenomenal options out there. As a general rule of thumb, though, there are two ways to smoke: With papers or with glass. Papers, of course, refer to joints and blunts. Glass, on the other hand, comes in many different shapes, sizes, and costs.
Glass bongs are an easily recognizable smoking device. Often portrayed as an accessory in stoner movies, they feature a wider base and long neck, with water on the inside. Most glass bongs don’t have a carb hole. Instead, they feature a downstem with a bowl on top. The bowl acts as a carb hole.
Purchasing glass bongs from an artist is always awesome…but they can cost a pretty penny. While they’re a phenomenal investment, if you’re looking for pieces that will make your pocketbook a bit happier, then look no further.
I’ve compiled a list of the best glass bongs. Peep it below.
1. Best Stemless Glass Bong: Black Leaf – HoneyComb Perc Stemless Glass Bong
While glass bongs are an amazing thing to add to your smoking collection, they can also be the bane of your existence. If your dog happens to wag his tail at the wrong angle, or you use large hand gestures, and knock your piece off of the table, you may want to scream because your downstem broke.
Luckily, the HoneyComb Perc Stemless Glass Bong is (as the name says), stemless. That means you’ve removed one of the “glass hazards” associated with glass bongs. Plus, it’s made of thick, sturdy glass. It features an ice catch, so you can put snow or ice cubes inside to cool your hit, as well as a splash guard to reduce nasty bong water. Overall, this glass bong is a fantastic choice.
- Has no downstem, reducing the amount of potential glass that can break
- Features a splash guard and ice catch (place ice cubes inside for cooler hits)
- Made of thick borosilicate glass
- May feel a bit top-heavy
2. Best Glass Bong for Oil: Black Leaf Microperc Oil Bong With Showerhead Diffusor
Because cannabis is a product that may be consumed in many forms, it’s best for your smoking experience to invest in type-specific glass. An oil bong is specifically made for oil-based concentrates like BHO. Rather than a bowl for bud, it has a nail.
This Microperc Oil Bong With Showerhead Diffusor is fantastic. Not only does it look sleek, it comes in seven different colors. It features a flared mouthpiece for comfort, and a built-in showerhead diffusor–which breaks up the smoke further, giving you a more potent hit. You don’t even need a dabber because this glass bong comes with one. Just add oil.
- Super easy to clean
- Produces great hits
- Made with thick borosilicate glass
- May be smaller than expected
3. Best Beaker Glass Bong: G-Spot Glass Beaker Bong
If you remember anything from high school chemistry, it may be the types of lab glass and their names. Just like the name suggests, these glass bongs are dubbed as such because of their resemblance to scientific glass.
The G-Spot Glass Beaker Bong is made of ridiculously durable borosilicate glass. With this glass bong, you’ll also receive a diffuser downstem and a funnel bowl. Plus, it has ice notches to cool even the nastiest of hot hits. You won’t find a more durable glass bong on the market.
- The joint is lined with an extra thick layer of glass, making it ridiculously durable
- Features an ice catch, so you can make your hits much cooler
- Has very sturdy base to prevent tipping
- Produces super smooth hits
- Has a “G-Spot” logo on it – not great if you like glass unbranded
4. Best Straight Ice Glass Bong: Grace Glass – Straight Ice Bong
When it comes to glass bongs, my favorite feature is an ice catch. This is because you can easily place ice cubes (or snow if you live in an area that gets a real winter!) on the inside of the piece. When you take a rip, the smoke is immediately cooled by the effects of the ice. Ice glass bongs provide some of the smoothest hits on the planet.
This Straight Ice Bong by Grace Glass is no exception. It features an eye-catching green color, with a matching bowl, and detachable slitted diffusor downstem. This baby does actually have a carb hole, so if that’s not your thing don’t worry. You’ll also receive a stopper, so you don’t have to mess with it. This glass bong is an all-around great choice.
- Super easy to clean
- Made of thick glass
- Hits very smoothly
- Chugs loudly – water bubbles loudly
- Bowl hole is weirdly large – purchase a replacement here
5. Best Glass Bong From a Popular TV Series: Trailer Park Boys Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong
When it comes to TV shows that stoners like to binge on, Trailer Park Boys is easily in the top three. Bubbles, Julian, and Ricky get into some ridiculous Canadian antics. Show off your love for the show with a Trailer Park Boys Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong.
As previously mentioned, a beaker bong is shaped just like a scientific beaker. This baby features a rimmed mouthpiece, a curved body, and black glass accents. You’ll receive an 18.8mm > 14.5mm inside-cut diffuser downstem, as well as a male herb bowl. Bongs, bud, and the boys.
- Features Trailer Park Boys images
- Comes with a 18.8mm > 14.5mm inside-cut diffuser downstem and male bowl
- Contains a splash guard and ice catch
- Image may wear off over time
6. Best Mini Glass Bong: Blowjob Glass Mini Bong
Sure, a big glass bong is fantastic and all. But, what if you live somewhere you can’t keep a large piece of glass? That’s where a mini glass bong steps in. They’re tiny, inconspicuous, and can easily be stored in a small drawer or other private space.
Aside from their discreetness, they’re usually super easy to clean. This Blowjob Glass Mini Bong is awesome. It features a round base, bent mouthpiece, and a red “WS” logo on the tube and downstem. You’ll receive a downstem with a chillum glass bowl. It does have a carb hole, so just be aware of that up front. Let the mini glass bong love begin.
- Very reminiscent of 80s glass
- Made of durable, borosilicate glass
- Hits hard for being tiny
- Bowl and downstem are not separate
7. Best Glass Bong With a Tree Perc: WS Messias Illusion Single Percolator
A percolator is a piece on the inside of a glass bong that further diffuses the smoke. They come in many varieties, including honeycomb, waterfall, and in this case, tree. Tree percs have anywhere from four to 64 arms–the more arms the more diffusion, in turn creating smoother hits.
This WS Messias Illusion Single Percolator is an amazing choice when it comes to glass bongs. It features a tree perc with five arms, a bi-stable joint, ice notches, and a carb hole. You’ll also receive a slit hole diffuser and a large slide bowl. This bad boy is an easy choice.
- Features a tree perc with five arms
- Has ice notches, for added cooling of smoke
- Super high quality, smooth hits
- Great price for what you receive
- Has a carb hole – be aware up front
8. Most Eye-Catching Glass Bong: Glass Ice Bong
One of the ways in which glass artists differ from their headshop counterparts, is that they often use various colored glass. Many glass bongs are just plain. But, if you want something with some pizzazz, you should absolutely consider the Glass Ice Bong.
Their pieces are created by local artists in Oregon–so you get the best of both glass bong worlds. This particular piece is made-to-order, so you’ll receive something 100% one-of-a-kind. It stands at 17″ tall, and has ice catches. Stable, sick-looking, and smooth hits. What more could you ask for?
- A totally unique piece
- Produces super smooth, large hits
- Easy to clean
9. Best Glass Bong Statement Piece: Empire Glassworks Galactic Flagship Bong
The words “honeycomb perc” probably brings to mind a certain image. And, it’s exactly correct. A honeycomb perc diffuses smoke, to create extremely smooth hits. In the case of the Empire Glassworks Galactic Flagship Bong, it actually takes the form of a space ship.
Made specifically for dry herb (although you can purchase a nail here), this Empire Glassworks Galactic Flagship Bong features an outer space design–all of the stars! It features a 14.5 mm female joint, and a 14.5 mm male bowl. This high-quality, hand-made piece is just one of a few limited pieces. Don’t miss out.
- Has an awesome space ship theme
- Features a honeycomb perc, upping the diffusion considerably
- A limited number of pieces were created
10. Best Glass Bong With a Helix Tube: Grav Labs Helix Tube Glass Bong
Just like with percolators and ice catches, there are other great ways to cool down your smoke. A helix tube does just that. Because of its shape, it creates a tornado inside, changing the temperature from hot to cool. The science behind it can be explained by Bernoulli’s Principle.
This Helix Tube Glass Bong is made by Grav Labs. Aside from its awesome cooling capacities, it also features a 18.8mm > 14.5mm diffuser adapter downstem, and an ice catch that doubles as a splash guard. You’ll receive a 14.5mm one-hitter bowl, and there’s no carb hole. Expensive as it may be, it’s worth every penny.
- Crafted with Bernoulli’s Principle in mind for increased cooling of smoke
- Doesn’t have a carb hole
- Hits super smoothly
- Quite expensive
11. Best Glass Bong With a Square Beaker Base: Sesh Supply Persephone Straight Bong with Cube Perc
While we saw an awesome beaker glass bong above, it’s important to note that they’re not all the same shape. Many beaker bases are circular, but they differ with regard to percolators. Percs increase the amount of diffusion in a given piece, creating extra smooth hits.
Made in the USA, this baby is dank. In addition to its distinct shape, it also features a straight neck and fixed downstem. Standing at 14″ tall, there’s a cube percolator–a glass piece that helps break up the smoke further–and an ice catch. In combination, they provide extremely smooth hits. You can’t go wrong with this glass bong.
Price: $120 (14 percent off MSRP)
- Made with thick, durable glass
- Has an ice catch and square percolator for smooth hits
- Comes with a fixed downstem and herb bowl
- Has a logo slapped on
12. Best Glass Bong Under $50: Black Leaf Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong with Precooler
When it comes to glass bongs there are so many amazing things, you could write a seemingly-endless list of pros. Aside from the obvious cons like poor craftsmanship, or other production defects, there’s really only one con to them: Their price. Luckily, you don’t have to shell out your entire paycheck, in order to get an awesome piece.
The Black Leaf Glass Beaker Base Ice Bong with Precooler is an amazing choice in glass bongs under $50. This particular model comes in green, but the company produces loads of other colors, as well. This bad boy is crafted with high-quality borosilicate glass, and features a six-slit dome perc. Plus, it has ice catches and an inside cut 18.8mm > 14.5mm slitted diffuser downstem…hello, smooth hits. Quality and price come together with this glass bong.
- Phenomenal price for quality you receive
- Features an ice catch, for smooth smoking
- Designed with a Inside cut 18.8mm > 14.5mm slitted diffuser downstem
- Has eye-catching accents throughout
- Can get clogged easily – clean often with a safe glass cleaning agent
13. Best Glass Bong Under $20: Blowjob Glass Mini Bong
Just like I mentioned above, glass bongs can cost a pretty penny. And sometimes even $50 is too expensive for a new piece. So, if you need something cheap and functional, seriously consider the Blowjob Glass Mini Bong. Hands-down, it’s one of the best glass bongs under $20.
When I say this baby is pocket-sized, I really mean it. Measuring only 7.1″, it has a shockingly large bubble base, designed to hold more water than your average mini glass bong. A carb hole is located on the left side, for added control of hits. It comes with a removable chillum, with an attached dry herb bowl. Pull in through a comfortable rimmed mouthpiece. For under-$20, you can’t go wrong with this glass bong.
- Insanely awesome price for a glass bong
- Designed with extra large bubble base, for added diffusion
- Comes with removable downstem, and attached herb bowl
- A bit small for some peoples’ taste
14. Best Glass Bong With a Case: Dude Layback Glass Bong Set in Aluminum Case
Glass bongs are an amazing piece to add to your personal smoke collection. Not only do they provide smooth, incredible hits, but they also look beautiful when properly cleaned and displayed. But what about the times when having out your glass pieces is dangerous, like when small children or puppies enter your domicile? That’s where a case comes in.
Of course, most bongs don’t come with cases, and finding one that fits can be difficult. The Dude Layback Glass Bong Set in Aluminum Case ticks the most important box of all: A case. It features a downstem with a funnel bowl, and a carb hole. Plus, it comes with an acrylic grinder, five metal screens, and a lighter. Just add bud, and you’re good to go!
- Comes with a case!
- Accessories include grinder, screens, and lighter
- Incredible price for what you receive
- Very lightweight
- May crack if slide is jammed in to hard
15. Best Wave Glass Bong: G-Spot Glass Bong
When you think of a glass bong, more than likely, a straight tube and bulbous base come to mind. And while many pieces feature a straight neck, there are other designs to choose from, as well. A popular shape comes in the form of a wave. As the name suggests, there are distinct curves in the glass bong’s neck.
This G-Spot Glass Bong epitomizes the wave. It stands about 19.5″ tall, with a tube diameter of about two-inches. This baby is crafted in Germany with an extra-thick solid tank joint. Ice notches, in addition to an 11.5 cm downstem diffuser, make for some of the smoothest hits possible. Up your glass bong aesthetic game with this bad boy.
- Holds loads of ice for extra cool hits
- Made of extra thick borosilicate glass, including a solid tank joint
- Comes with sliding bowl and downstem diffuser
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers. Follow all local laws in your area.
Discuss on Facebook