You probably already know the benefits of weed vaporizers. Vaporizers heat cannabis at lower temperatures than traditional smoking methods, releasing fewer byproducts. Your lungs will thank you.
Bonus: You don’t need to spend a fortune. We’ve included vape pens as cheap as $30.
Time to light up — for your health.
||Price: $199.00 Shop at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $259.00 Shop at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
Amazon Customer Reviews
||Price: $57.59 Shop at Amazon||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $174.00 Shop at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $79.00 Shop at grasscity.com||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $129.00 Shop at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
Amazon Customer Reviews
||Price: $58.99 Shop at Amazon||Shop now Read our review|
Amazon Customer Reviews
||Price: $49.99 Shop at Amazon||Shop now Read our review|
||Price: $29.00 Shop at Grasscity||Shop now Read our review|
1. Best for Busy Professionals: Pax 3 Portable VaporizerPrice: $199.00Pros:
- Compact, sleek design provides discretion
- Heats up quickly, with several temperature settings
- Designed for use with both flower and concentrates
- Comes with 10 year warranty
- Can't use as-is with concentrates (you must buy concentrate-friendly insert separately)
- Its mobile phone app makes you wonder: Should smoking pot really necessitate more screen time?
This model is perfect for the consumer who enjoys both traditional flower as well as cannabis concentrates. It’s also perfect for the high-tech stoner, because it comes with a mobile phone app to help you control the temperature.
One of the settings you can select on your phone is “stealth mode,” which allegedly minimizes odor, by cooling down the device more quickly after your inhale. If you need to take a hit before walking into your meeting, this is the pen for you. (Bonus: You can pretend you’re taking notes on your phone, while you’re actually changing the settings on your vape pen.)
This doesn’t mean you’re getting totally ripped before giving your Powerpoint presentation. (Or maybe you are. We’re not judging.) But today, many office employees are experimenting with “microdosing” THC at work, to help deal with the stress of their workday.
Microdosing means consuming a “sub-perceptual” amount of a psychoactive substance. The term was initially coined for taking tiny amounts of psychedelic substances like LSD, but is now being applied to THC and CBD as well. People microdose to treat conditions like depression and anxiety, but they also microdose to heighten their creativity for their work. (This trend has received a widespread following among Silicon Valley tech workers.)
The Pax 3 pen is perfect for the professional who’s microdosing cannabis at work.
Pro tip: If you work in a stuffy office, just plug your Pax into your laptop, and pretend it’s a weird zip drive.
2. Best Weed Vaporizer for the Instagram Influencer: Pax 2 Vaporizer in Several Matte ColorsPrice: $259.00Pros:
- Works great with dry herb
- Matte finish looks stylish
- Sleek, compact design
- Easy to load
- Comes with 10 year warranty
- Can't use with concentrates
- Inexplicably includes something called a "Simon" game as "party feature"
This Pax 2 stands out because it comes in such stylish colors — and it’s also an incredible, long-lasting, powerful handheld vaporizer pen.
Photogenic cannabis consumption is totally trending. This device looks so glamorous, it was practically made for Instagram. (Kind of like fairy lights and CBD bath bombs.)
It doesn’t just look stylish. The Pax 2 is also known as one of the best portable vaporizers on the market. (Although the Pax 3 is the new and improved version of the Pax 2, many considered its improvements to be relatively minor.)
Unlike most vape pens, this model accommodates dry flower.
This is a “smart” device: It detects motion and will put itself into standby mode when not in use.
You don’t need to be an influencer to enjoy this vaporizer. With four temperature settings, a long battery life, and a user-friendly design, this is one of the best weed vaporizers you can buy.
3. Best High-Tech Vaporizer Masquerading as a Tobacco Pipe: Autloops Relova VaporizerPros:
- Design resembles old-school tobacco pipe
- Free shipping with Amazon Prime
- Option for cool wood finish
- Short battery life
- Plastic mouthpiece known to fall off repeatedly
- No warranty
The Autloops Relova Vaporizer stands out because of its classic old-school pipe design and its user-friendly technical features. It’s shaped like a tobacco pipe, but instead of the bowl for tobacco, there’s a chamber for placing your dried herb. It’s a large chamber, so you can pack enough for 8-10 hits.
If you’re want to puff on a pipe, think deep thoughts, and pretend you’re Ernest Hemingway — but you don’t want to kill your lungs — this product is perfect for you.
Where Hemingway would light his tobacco, you’ll instead be gazing at a digital LED temperature display, where you can adjust the temperature for optimal vaporization.
Some users have complained about short battery life. Battery problems are common among lower-range vaporizers, and it sounds like this pipe-shaped vape is no exception. (If you want a longer-lasting vaporizer, you may have to spend more — check out the other options on this list!)
Other users have complained about the mouthpiece. Apparently, it is not sturdily affixed to the rest of the pipe. If you mostly plan on using this pipe for smoking at home by the fire, while pondering your existence, this probably won’t be much of a problem.
This just isn’t the best vaporizer for travel. (Which is too bad, because you’d probably look great puffing on this during some retro train travel adventure.)
Other users wish the mouthpiece was longer, because it can get hot. But if you’re going for that loner-poet aesthetic, with just a puff here and there, this could be perfect for you.
4. Best for the Very Serious and Health-Conscious Cannabis User: FlowerMate UNO VaporizerPrice: $174.00Pros:
- Designed to vaporize both herb and concentrates
- Heats up in under 30 seconds
- "Haptic feeback" means it vibrates when ready
- Long battery life
- Charging dock, as well as USB cable, to charge battery (Extra hardware to hang onto)
- Larger than some portable vaporizers
The Flowermate UNO Vaporizer stands out because of its fine-tuned temperature control, and its bong adapter. Attaching a high-tech vaporizer to a bong is basically the best of both worlds.
It could help resolve a common dispute: Your buddy wants to smoke out of a bong, but you want to smoke out of a vaporizer. Don’t worry. With this model, you can attach your vaporizer directly to the bong. You can still pack the vaporizer, and vape your herb, but you’ll also get the water filtration (and fun bubbling noise) for which bongs are renowned. Consider your toking dispute resolved, as you enjoy a futuristic vape-bong hit.
This conundrum actually isn’t unlikely, among health-conscious daily tokers. Maybe you and your friends disagree about the healthiest way to smoke cannabis. Some experts believe that vaporizing is best for your lungs (because the lower temperatures eliminate the byproducts of combustion). Others say the combustion byproducts (like tar and ash) are effectively filtered by water in a bong or bubbler hit. (Experts disagree about how much filtration your bong water provides, but they agree that filtration definitely occurs. That’s why your bong water turns brown, and needs to be replaced between bowl packs.)
The FlowerMate UNO Vaporizer comes with a bong adapter, which fits 10mm, 14.5mm and 18.8mm joint size. That means it will form an airtight seal with basically any modern bong. (The bong adapter works with all the standard joint sizes.) Instead of packing your cannabis into a bowl, you pack the FlowerMate UNO, and attach it to the bong.
You can also digitally adjust it to your preferred temperature. You may want to experiment to find your ideal temperature. Using the OLED digital display, you can explore any temp within 140°F – 446°F. You may find that your preferred vaping temp is different for concentrates — which this model also accommodates. (It comes with a separate pad for concentrates, so you’re future flower packs won’t be all gunked up with concentrate residue.)
These features make the UNO perfect for consistent, daily tokers. The manufacturer took the serious stoner’s needs seriously.
For example, we’ve all been there: You’re backpacking, far from electric outlets or charging stations. (And you’re in a fire zone, so you only packed a vaporizer, instead of any joints — you’re a diligent, fire-conscious camper.) But then your vaporizer battery dies.)
Luckily, with this model, you can order an extra battery, and keep a fully-charged backup battery in your backpack. When one battery dies, just replace it with your spare battery. Crisis averted.
5. Best Ceramic Vape Pen: Cheech & Chong’s The Ripper Ceramic VaporizerPrice: $79.00Pros:
- Ceramic coil-less atomizers can provide better flavor that traditional atomizer elements
- Includes locking feature: Click five times to lock, ensuring it stays turned off while stowed away
- Stands out from the crowd with two eye-catching color options
- Compatible with waxy oils and concentrates
- Heats up quickly and delivers 15-second hits
- Large bowl for packing a lot of concentrate at once (You won't need to reload as often)
- Not for use with flower
- No option to change temperature
- Large wax loads can get messy and travel into mouthpiece (like most vape pens, if you overfill them)
- Not as small or lightweight as some vape pens
Cheech & Chong’s The Ripper Ceramic Vaporizer stands out because it features a full-ceramic coil-less atomizer, which guarantees even heat distribution for vaporizing your concentrates and oils. And, obviously, because its the brainchild of the legendary stoner duo Cheech and Chong.
Cheech and Chong are capitalizing on the stoner image they cultivated in their movies. This pen may not fit as easily or lightly into your pocket as most modern vaporizer pens, but it’s designed for people who want to get super-duper ripped while out rambling around. Like Cheech and Chong’s characters.
(But if you’re getting stoned at the wheel like Cheech and Chong, that’s on you. We do not recommend that.)
It has a larger bowl chamber than most vape pens, so you can load it up with a bunch of wax or other concentrates. This means you can keep hitting it for a while, without needing to re-load it. This is perfect for the laid-back, low-maintenance stoner — the kind who loves Cheech and Chong movies. They’re really catering to their target demo with this pen.
This additional room for loading more material also means this pen is bulkier and heavier than some vape pens. But if you’re a heavyweight smoker, this could be perfect for you. Especially if you’re a stoner who enjoys goofy graphics and eye-catching colors. (This pen comes in black with neon green graphics, or white with red graphics.)
It doesn’t have some of the fancy features of most more expensive vape pens (for example, you can’t change the temperature, or make it compatible with flower). But if you’re a Cheech and Chong fan who wants to draw attention to your mobile stoner accessories — and you also enjoy taking huge hits, repeatedly, without stopping to reload — this is perfect for you.
6. Best Portable Vaporizer for Both Bud and Concentrates: FlowerMate V5 Nano VaporizerPrice: $129.00Pros:
- Great for vaporizing dried herb
- Large ceramic oven chamber heats evenly
- Interchangeable capsules for concentrates and flower
- Digital temperature display for fine-tuning
- Lithium battery charges quickly and has long battery life
- Easy to clean with included maintenance kit
- One year warranty
- Bulkier than some portable vaporizers
- Somewhat expensive
- Must switch out capsules when you want to smoke concentrates
The FlowerMate V5 Nano Vaporizer stands out because it can accommodate cannabis concentrates as well as traditional dried bud. FlowerMate’s devices are best known, as the name suggests, for vaporizing flower (also known as bud).
Their vaporizers aren’t as slim and compact as some vape pens (which contain oil or wax in a small chamber or cartridge), because they include a large “oven” chamber, which you pack with dry herb. The ceramic chamber heats evenly, so you don’t need to stir it.
This model boasts a tight lid, and there’s no leakage of vapor. Customers claim this makes their cannabis supplies go further.
The digital temperature gauge allows you to fine-tune your preferred temp, on your quest for maximum flavor. The long-life battery allows for 6-10 seshes between recharging. Plus, if your battery runs out on the road, you can just swap it out for a spare battery. (You can recharge your lithium battery on the included rapid-charge cable.)
If you want to smoke concentrates, you switch out the chamber for the concentrate-friendly capsule, which is included. You also get a magnetic loading cap, which helps you load your vaporizer chamber without spilling anything.
This company provides fast shipping and great customer service. It includes a 1-year manufacturer warranty. Most customers find that these devices are built to last.
7. Best Affordable Vape Pen For Herbs and Wax: Flash 2-in-1 Herb PenPros:
- More affordable than most vaporizers
- Available on Amazon
- Designed to work with both flower and concentrates
- Comes in multiple colors
- Quartz chamber
- Can adjust heat setting with LED display
- Short battery life
- May over-heat cannabis
- Many affordable vaporizer pens are not designed to last forever.
This vaporizer pen is affordable, for one that works with both dry flower and concentrates. And it’s available on Amazon.
It features a quartz chamber, which is one of the most desirable materials for heating cannabis evenly.
However, it appears to have problems with battery life. This is common among many less-expensive vaporizer units.
It comes with a handy grinder card for grinding up your cannabis. (Ground cannabis is preferable when you’re using a vaporizer.) It also comes in several colors.
8. Best Portable Herb Vaporizer For the Consumer on a Budget: Penguin Portable Dry Herb VaporizerPros:
- Affordable, for a dry herb vaporizer
- Sleek and compact design (inspired by shape of penguins)
- Includes temperature control and locking feature (so it won't turn on by accident)
- Automatic shut-off feature after 30 seconds of heating
- One year warranty
- Some complaints about battery life
- May stop working after a while
- May be some defective units out there (but there's a warranty!)
The Penguin Portable Dry Herb Vaporizer stands out because it’s affordable, for a portable vaporizer that can accommodate dry herb, instead of just concentrates or cartridges.
Most hand-held units designed to vaporize dry herb will run you upwards of $100, but this compact model only costs $50. It may not work quite as well as the FlowerMate Nano vaporizer listed above, but you can get it for half the price — with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime!
It probably won’t last as long. Most cheaper vaporizers end up having battery problems (the battery inexplicably stops charging at some point), and that seems to be a recurring complaint with this model. However, the Penguin comes with a one-year warranty, so you may be able to get a replacement if this happens to you.
It probably won’t fit as much herb in the chamber, but thanks to its smaller chamber, it has a sleek, compact design. Some might say it looks like a penguin.
This heats up quickly, and when it’s ready, you’ll see a blue light turn on. For $50, this vaporizer includes some high-tech features. The temperature control includes a “memory function,” so it automatically heats to your most recent selected temperature. It won’t turn on in your pocket by accident if you remember to activate the locking feature by holding down the button for 1.5 seconds. An automatic shut-off system prevents burning: After 30 seconds of heating, the vaporizer turns itself off.
9. Best Marijuana Vaporizer for the Busy Vaping Traveler: White Rhino Disposable Dube PenPrice: $29.00Pros:
- Most lightweight vape pen available
- Disposable (no need to recharge battery)
- You'll never need to clean this unit -- just toss it!
- Very simple and straightforward (except for loading the cartridge)
- Very affordable
- Loading this style of pen can be very messy and difficult
- Disposable pens are wasteful
- Unclear whether battery can be recycled (it probably ends up in a landfill)
- Meant for a very niche consumer: A stoner who loves convenience, but doesn't mind filling their own cartridges
This White Rhino pen stands out because of its affordable price.
Because it’s so cheap, this pen is considered “disposable.” (Landfills might feel differently.) This also means you can’t recharge the battery. When it’s done, after a hundred hits or so, you just toss it out.
Or maybe you can recycle it. The company does not provide information about whether this is recyclable. So it’s unclear what exactly makes these “disposable,” other than their cheap price. (And the fact that they can’t be refilled. Or recharged.)
But when you’re traveling, bringing a bunch of disposable, lightweight pens could come in pretty handy.
Like if you’re traveling to a state where weed isn’t legal, and you get paranoid, you can just “dispose” of these, without losing some beloved pipe that’s been traveling with you for years.
(Although we’re not recommending bringing a bunch of vape pens to a non-legal state.)
But if you’re traveling with these disposable pens (between cannabis-legal states only, of course), you still need to be a prepared, savvy traveler. Because you have to fill the cartridge yourself. This can be trickier than expected.
Depending on the oil you want to put in the cartridge, you may need to heat the oil (by putting a container of it in hot water). You may also need to get the oil into a syringe, in order to fill the cartridge. This process basically ends up making a huge mess. Just what you need, when you’re trying to pack for your trip.
If you do successfully fill your cartridges before your trip, this could be a serious convenience item. It’s one of the lightest models on the market. It only weighs one ounce. If you’re trying to make sure your suitcase doesn’t exceed the 50-pound limit for checked luggage at the airport, this will not be the item on your packing list that’s causing a problem at check-in.
(If you try to pack a dozen Volcano vaporizers, on the other hand, airline personnel may make you open your suitcase. Awkward.)
Happy travels! And good luck packing!
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.