We get it. You’re busy. And there’s a ton of awesome stuff to keep up with in this great big world of MMA. And since you don’t have the time to scour the net for good content like we do, we’re hand delivering you the news, rumors and best of the rest – right here in the Roundup.
In Case You Missed It…
Ross Pearson talks to Heavy.com about his move to Alliance MMA and his run in the featherweight division.
The “UFC on FX 4” competitors hit the scales today in Atlantic City. Take a look at the complete results.
Hot MMA News, Commentary, and the Best of the Rest
– Though we don’t like to think about it, there comes a time in all fighters’ careers when they must retire. Who’s next on the list of UFC stars to hang up the gloves? (Bleacher Report)
– Who isn’t excited for Silva vs. Franklin II? And who doesn’t like a highlight reel of “The Axe Murderer” demolishing his opponents? Get an in-depth analysis of the match up along with some vicious highlights. (Cage Potato)
– The UFC is welcoming Milton Vieira, inventor of the Anaconda choke, at UFC 147 this weekend. Hear what he has to say about his UFC debut and the choke he introduced to the sport. (Lowkick.com)
– Tito Ortiz, “tried to do more damage to (the UFC) than anyone in the history of this company.” Dana White discusses the highly complex relatioship between Tito Ortiz and the UFC. (MMANews.com)
– We’re expecting Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard to be an all-out war. Get a head-to-toe breakdown of the match up here. (MMA Sucka)
– Will a win over Gray Maynard make Clay Guida the number one contender for the lightweight belt? He seems to think so. (411mania.com)
– It seems the conclusion of the Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher Trilogy will also signal the end of Fisher’s career. No doubt the longtime veteran will be giving his all tomorrow night in what could be his final three frames. (Fighters.com)
– Yes, we’re all used to Chael Sonnen’s ability to sh** talk his way into match ups and under opponent’s skin. He’s the best in the business at that, but did he really just say he could defeat Anderson Silva in a kickboxing match? (Fightline.com)
– Three more fights have been announced for “UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson.” See all the match ups here. (5th Round)
– News on Demetrious Johnson’s injuries reveals that the first ever 125 lb. title fight might come sooner than anticipated. Or maybe not. (MMA Convert)
– Will we see women fighting in the UFC at some point? Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey believes the answer is yes. (ProMMANow.com)