Zuffa Sells UFC Stake to Abu Dhabi Group

Zuffa announced today that Flash Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi government, has purchased a ten percent stake in the company.

Initial reports last week that Sheik Tahnoon Bin Zayed Al Nahyan had individually made the purchase were incorrect.

Prior to the deal being signed, the Fertitta brothers owned 90 percent of the company while Dana White held the other 10 percent. The new company structure has not been revealed and likely won’t be, but White confirmed that the deal was done in order to streamline the UFC’s international expansion.

“We got to know these guys discussing an event in Abu Dhabi. This led to the investment conversation. After conducting in-depth due diligence, they saw the tremendous global potential of the UFC brand,” said White. “The guys who run this company are young, hip, aggressive visionaries. They are big thinkers.”

Flash Entertainment chairman Ossama Khoreibi is excited about the purchase. “We look forward to an exciting future ahead, working closely with our UFC partners to activate this sport in the UAE, the region and across the world,” said Khoreibi in a statement.


Read More
, ,