Four children, including one infant, are left dead after a house fire swallowed up a duplex outside of Atlanta in Conyers, Ga. on Tuesday night.
Seven people were in the property when the fire erupted: a grandmother, mother and five children. The children range in ages from the infant to seven years old. The fifth child, who is six years old, was thrown out of a second-floor window by his mother and survived.
“It saved his life,” Glenn Allen, a spokesman for Georgia’s fire commissioner said of the mother’s actions.
The mother was taken two Grady Memorial Hospital where she suffers from second and third-degree burns.
The family was living in the two-story duplex, while the other unit remained vacant. There is currently no reported cause of the fire, but investigators plan on entering the building first thing on Wednesday.
Discuss on Facebook