The mother of a third-grader who was sexually assaulted in a bathroom stall in P.S 194, a Harlem Elementary School, has sued the Department of Education.
The mother said Friday she is filing a $6 million lawsuit against the city education department in Manhattan Supreme Court for “emotional and psychological anguish,” and for failing to alert parents and authorities that the culprit had a history of being a “sexual deviant,” according to the Daily News.
The third-grade student was forced into the bathroom by a fifth-grade student, where two other third-graders were. There his hands were held behind his back and he was forced to his knees as the other two students pulled down their pants and forced to give them oral sex.
The attack, which occurred in March 2012, was performed by a student who has a history of sexual assaults. He was previously accused of groping a 9-year-old girl under her skirt.
— BRAVE KIDS VOICES (@BraveKidsVoices) April 2, 2013
The boys involved in the incident went around and told other students what they did to the traumatized boy. The mother of the victim remembers the teacher calling her:
I don’t know how to explain this to you, but your son was in the bathroom and was forced to perform oral sex on three boys.
The education department couldn’t comment on pending litigation, according to Free i News.