— New York City Alerts (@NYCityAlerts) February 5, 2014
A fire has been reported on the tracks of the 7 train at Manhattan’s Times Square subway station, reports PIX 11.
This is a breaking story so please stay tuned for updates.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. The fire has impacted one of the busiest train stations in New York City, adding more problems to an already treacherous commute.
2. There are reports of a power outage between W 72 street and W 110 street, adding to the transit delay.
3. There is no 7 train service running between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square right now.
4. We have no reports of any injuries or any major damage as a result of the fire.
5. Times Square, as usual at rush hour, is crammed with people.
This is the log jam of people inside of the Times Square Subway Station this morning. pic.twitter.com/lXNaSHkNH0
— pete lee (@peteleetweets) February 5, 2014
Discuss on Facebook