Tess Munster has made history as the largest plus-sized model signed to a mainstream agency.
Plus-size models are usually taller than 5 feet 8 inches and US-size 8 to 16. But Tess is both shorter and heavier than any other models on the books of London-based MiLK Model Management’s Curves plus-size division.
“I think we’re the only agency with a model of her size,” Anna Shillinglaw, the owner and director of MiLK Model Management, told the New York Daily News.
Now the 29-year-old, who lives in Los Angeles, wants everybody to know she is proud of her achievement…and she still has some big dreams to fulfill.
Here’s what you need to know about the world’s biggest fashion model:
1. She Was Bullied at School
She quit school in Laurel, Mississippi at 17 after being bullied. She posted photos on Tumblr and people criticized her for doing it. But after nights sobbing alone in her room she vowed to stand up for her size and get noticed.
2. She is 5 Feet 5 Inches, Size 22 And Weighs 260 Pounds
3. Her Instagram Account Has More Than 70,000 Followers and She Featured in Vogue Italia
She started Instagram account effyourbeautystandards in 2013 for women to celebrate their bodies and unique looks.
4. She Has a Son And Works Out at Least Four Times a Week
5. She Wants to be Known as Tess Holliday (She’s Engaged to Photographer Nick Holliday)