A 27-year-old man was among the nine bikers killed in the shootout between rival motorcycle clubs outside the Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco, Texas.
Matthew Mark Smith, of Keller, Texas, died of gunshot wounds to the trunk.
Here’s what you need to know about Smith and the shooting:
1. He Was a Member of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club
According to his Facebook page, Smith was a member of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club.
2. He Used to be a Member of the Scimitars Motorcycle Club
Before joining the Cossacks, Smith was a member of the Scimitars Motorcycle Club. The Scimitars are a smaller club that are aligned with the Cossacks.
3. He Worked for the Geek Squad
According to his Facebook page, Smith worked for the Geek Squad. He attended Tarrant County College.
4. The Shooting Remains Under Investigation
The investigation into the shooting is continuing. What started as an argument between bikers turned deadly as shooting broke out. Police were already in the area after learning of the potential for violence during the biker meeting and responded within seconds. Officers also opened fire, and according to CNN, at least four of the victims were killed by police.
Police have yet to determine who fired the fatal shoots that killed each of the nine men.
5. 8 Other Men From the 2 Clubs Were Killed in the Shooting
According to KWTX, the names of the victims, along with the causes of their deaths, are:
- Jesus Delgado Rodriguez – 65 – Gunshot wounds to the head and trunk.
- Jacob Lee Rhyne – 39 – Gunshot wounds to the neck.
- Richard Vincent Kirschner, Jr. – 47 – Unspecified gunshot wounds.
- Richard Matthew Jordan, III – 31 – Gunshot wounds to the head.
- Daniel Raymond Boyett – 44 – Gunshot wounds to the head.
- Wayne Lee Campbell – 43 – Gunshot wounds to the head and trunk.
- Manuel Issac Rodriguez – 40 – Unspecified gunshot wounds.
- Charles Wayne Russell – 46- Gunshot wounds to the chest.