Gravy literally goes with everything on your Thanksgiving table…and you also need it to moisten your leftovers. So make sure you have enough by following this simple recipe that uses your turkey’s natural juices.
1. When preparing to cook your turkey, add a quart of chicken stock to a deep roasting pan.
2. After your turkey is cooked, gently remove turkey from the pan.
3. Pour what’s left in the bottom of the pan into a clear bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. Skim off the fat with a metal spoon.
5. Put the skimmed-off liquid back into the original pan.
6. Add more chicken stock and store-bought gravy.
7. Boil this mixture for 5 minutes while simultaneously scraping the bottom of the pan.
8. Add your favorite herbs to your liking. We suggest rosemary, thyme and sage.