It’s Veterans Day in the United States, a day we take to honor those who sacrifice for our freedoms. Celebrate the day with Bible scripture and verses taken from the New International Version translation.
1. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
2. “We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.” – Psalm 33:20-22
3. “The Lord is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the unwary;
when I was brought low, he saved me.” – Psalm 116:5-6
4. “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.” – Philippians 4:12-14
5. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
6. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
7. “He said:
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
from violent people you save me.
“I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and have been saved from my enemies.” – 2 Samuel 22:2-4
8. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” – Ephesians 6:11
9. “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” – John 15:13
10. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13
Discuss on Facebook