It’s International Women’s Day and the day is being celebrated as today’s google doodle! In addition, the hashtag #OneDayIWill is being used as part of the google doodle video display. The video follows women across the world, who were asked to complete the sentence, “One day I will …” Women all over the United States to Paris and London and Tokyo took on the task in order to honor all the accomplished women who have been successful in life. Check out the “One Day I Will” video above.
Now, let’s celebrate the occasion with some amazing, funny, and inspirational quotes about the strength of women.
1. A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
2. I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.122
– Maya Angelou
3. If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
– Katharine Hepburn
4. A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.
– Nancy Rathburn
5. A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
– Carly Simon
6. The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
– Ayn Rand
7. If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
– Margaret Thatcher
8. I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants.
– Queen Latifah
9. The best protection any woman can have … is courage.
– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
10. Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
– Dick Van Dyke