22-year-old Luis S. Vielma has been identified as a victim of the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Friends and family have gone to social media to share their sadness and shock in the wake of the tragedy.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. Yesterday Afternoon, Vielma Uploaded a Facebook Picture With the Caption, “True friends who become family.”
Not much is currently known about Vielma. His Facebook page is now in “memorial” mode. (Facebook’s Memorialized accounts “are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away.”)
2. He Was a Rides Attendant at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
According to Vielma’s Facebook page, the 22-year-old may have worked as a rides attendant at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in Orlando, Florida.
Early Monday morning, author J.K. Rowling paid tribute to Vielma on Twitter.
Vielma was also a production assistant at Disaster Studios.
3. Friends Have Described Him As An “Amazing Person” and “Wonderful Human Being”
Friends and family of Vielma have expressed their sadness and shock about his passing on social media.
Loved ones have also gone to Facebook to share their grief.
4. He Was Studying PTA at Seminole State College of Florida
According to the same Facebook profile, Vielma was studying to be a physical therapy assistant at Seminole State College of Florida.
5. People Have Described Him as Being One Of the Kindest People They Ever Met
Vielma has received an outpouring of love from friends and loved ones. Multiple people have described him as being extremely compassionate.