Memorial Day is a time to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice defending America. Check out these inspirational Bible sayings about what the Word of God says about grieving for a soldier.
During Memorial Day, many people visit cemeteries and memorials dedicated those who have died in military service. Volunteers also place American flags on graves in national cemeteries. Memorial Day should not be confused with Veterans Day, which occurs on November 11 and honors the service of all U.S. military veterans.
Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May. Learn more about the history of Memorial Day here!
1. “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” — John 15:13
2. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27
3. “So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” — Isaiah 55:11
4. “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” — 1 Corinthians 15:22
5. “He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire.” — Psalm 46:9
6. “No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” — John 10:18
7. “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” — Psalm 116:15
8. “Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.” — 2 Timothy 2:3
9. “Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” — Psalm 82:3-4
10. “And you shall be filled at my table with horses and charioteers, with mighty men and all kinds of warriors,’ declares the Lord God.” — Ezekiel 39:20
Discuss on Facebook