Are you a single mother or were you raised by one? Here are inspirational quotes for the strong, single women who are champions of motherhood.
In the United States, Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May, but the holiday honors the sacrifice mothers make everywhere. Other countries that celebrate Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in May include Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, and more. However, other dates for Mother’s Day are usually held in the spring, too.
More than 46 countries throughout the world celebrate Mother’s Day. Typical celebrations include attending church, going out to eat, and giving gifts to mothers and grandmothers. Gifts usually consist of a card and a bouquet of flowers.
Modern Mother Day’s celebrations can be traced to the early 20th century in the United States. Learn more about the history of Mother’s Day here!
1. “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress, and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love, and twice the pride.” – Anonymous
2. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” — Tichina Arnold
3. “It was tough being a single mom. It was tough being in a divorce with children. Very, very hard.” — Melissa Etheridge
4. “Single moms: You are a doctor, a teacher, a nurse, a maid, a cook, a referee, a heroine, a provider, a defender, a protector, a true Superwoman. Wear your cape proudly.” — Mandy Hale
5. “You know, I don’t think any mother aims to be a single mom. I didn’t wish for that, but it happened.” — Charlize Theron
6. “Just because a single-mom usually can’t be bothered to spend much time on her make-up doesn’t mean that she has given up on romance.” Kemmy Nola
7. “As a single mom, I’m juggling a lot and working long hours. Yes, it costs them a little, but what my children get in return is a mother who is energized and content.” — Edie Falco
8. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things… a mother’s love is more than enough.” — Denice Williams
9. “What is free time? I’m a single mother. My free moments are filled with loving my little girl.” — Roma Downey
10. “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is to our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids and a single mother is no different.” — Paula Miranda