Finese 2 Tymes Arrested, Weapons Seized Day After Shooting

Finese 2 Tymes

Jefferson County Jail Ricky Hampton, aka Finese 2 Tymes

The rapper performing during the Power Ultra Lounge shooting in Little Rock, AR., was arrested earlier today for outstanding warrants unrelated to the shooting, according to law enforcement officials. The warrants stem from aggravated assault charges out of Forrest City, AR.

Finese 2 Tymes, real name Ricky Hampton, was arrested outside the Side Effects Club in Birmingham, AL, at 1:15 a.m., on charges of aggravated assault with a gun, according to Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Cliff LaBarge.

Hampton, 25, from Memphis, Tennessee, was arrested along with 25-year-old Kentrell Gwynn. Two handguns and an AK-47 were taken from their vehicle, a silver Mercedes, according to investigators. Both were taken to the Jefferson County jail, according to Jail records show that Hampton was booked in at 3:34 a.m. on a fugitive from justice warrant. Both men will be held without bond, pending extradition to Arkansas, according to

U.S. Marshals and ATF said they launched a search for Hampton after the Saturday morning Pulse Ultra Lounge shooting. No arrests have been made in the club shooting, but Little Rock police say he is also a person of interest in the Pulse Ultra Lounge shooting that left 28 injured, according to KATV.

The shooting at the Power Ultra Lounge in Little Rock, AR. occurred around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning. KATV reported that a witness told them that shots were fired in the crowd and then shots were returned from the stage. Police reported that 25 were injured by gunfire and another 3 were hurt trying to get out of the club.

Police believe the gunfire erupted amid a dispute among people in the club, and that multiple people fired shots.

“Some sort of dispute broke out between people inside,” Little Rock Police Chief Kenton Buckner told reporters on Saturday.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge both released statements praising Little Rock first responders for their efforts following Saturday morning’s shooting.