Houston police are searching for a man accused of running his girlfriend and two others over with a pickup truck.
Rigoberto Alexander Escobar is accused of ramming his truck into a group of people walking down a sidewalk, killing his ex-girlfriend and injuring two others, according to Fox 26 Houston. Escobar, who police say is in his mid-30s, is believed to be driving a 2002 to 2005 silver or grey Ford F-150 pickup truck with Texas license plate number GTJ-7424.
Here’s what you need to know:
- 1. Escobar is Accused of Running Down his Ex-Girlfriend and Two Others with a Pickup Truck
Escobar is accused of attacking his ex-girlfriend, 38-year-old Dixa Rios, as she climbed out of a car with two male friends around 2 a.m. near Telephone and McHenry, according to Houston police.
2. He Allegedly Backed Over Her Body Before Circling Around to Hit Her Again
Rios died after Escobar allegedly ran her down with a pickup truck, backed over her body, and then circled around to hit her again.
“Apparently the suspect did not care, put the vehicle in reverse and ran her over again,” Sgt. Joshua Horn told reporters.
3. Escobar Was Waiting For Rios Nearby, Allegedly Planning the Premeditated Attack
Escobar was allegedly lying in wait nearby, waiting for the woman. Once he spotted Rios walking toward JoJo’s Club, he apparently revved the engine of his gray Ford truck and drove straight into her, according to Chron.
4. He is Accused of Dragging Her Body Beneath his Truck While Bystanders Tried to Stop Him
Escobar allegedly dragged her body a short way while people watched in horror. Witnesses tried to get him to stop, according to Houston police.
5. Rios Died at the Scene of the Attack & Escobar is Still Wanted By the Houston Police Department
Rios died at the scene. The condition of the other two men is unknown at this time.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers or the Houston Police Department’s homicide division.
This is a developing story. Heavy will update as soon as more information is known.