Patrick Frazee: Kelsey Berreth Fiance Issues Statement

patrick frazee

Facebook Patrick Frazee is the fiancee of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

Patrick Frazee, the fiance of Kelsey Berreth, was one of the last people to hear from the missing 29-year-old mother and flight instructor, the Woodland Park police chief revealed in a news conference.

On December 21, 2018, Frazee was arrested and will be charged with first-degree murder, after searches of his residence, according to KOAA-TV. More details are expected shortly.

“Today we arrested Patrick Frazee on charges of first-degree murder,” the police chief said, adding that Frazee was taken into custody on the morning of December 21. He is being held at the Teller County Jail. Kelsey’s daughter is in protective custody and will be united with Kelsey’s family, according to the police chief. He said her family is not providing interviews.

He called the investigation “methodical and time-consuming.” Authorities have still not found Kelsey but information “has been developed to narrow down our search…sadly, we don’t believe Kelsey is still alive.”

The chief promised to continue authorities “relentless pursuit” of justice for Kelsey Berreth.

He confirmed that multiple searches were conducted of Kelsey’s home. As for the circumstances surrounding Kelsey’s murder, authorities did provide many details.

Kelsey has been missing since Thanksgiving Day, and authorities and loved ones have turned to the public in efforts to find her. However, Fox News reports that authorities no longer believe she is alive.

Frazee is 32-years-old, according to online records. He wasn’t present at a press conference the police chief held on December 10 with Kelsey’s mother, Cheryl, to update the news media and public on the case, and the chief had an interesting answer when he was asked why.

On December 14, 2018, authorities executed a search warrant at Frazee’s residence.

A reporter for KRDO-TV approached Frazee and asked him questions. You can see that video here:

“Patrick, people are wondering why you haven’t spoken out about your fiancée,” the reporter said through the closed window of Frazee’s car, imploring Frazee to speak to him. Frazee didn’t respond, and drove off. However, his lawyer later released a statement on the case.

On December 12, Frazee issued a statement through his attorneys, the Law Office of Jeremy Lowe, saying that he did not attend the press conference because he only learned about it one hour before it took place. He said if he had more advance notice, he would have participated. Frazee also said through his attorneys that he is cooperating with the police investigation and “hopes and pray for Ms. Berreth’s return.”

There is a Facebook page devoted to finding Kelsey Berreth. Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey’s mother, says she’s not the type to “run off.”

“We are treating Kelsey’s disappearance as a missing person’s case at this time. We have not identified anyone as a suspect,” said Police Chief Miles De Young in a press conference on December 10, 2018.

“This is completely out of character…Kelsey is reliable, considerate and honest,” Cheryl said. “…Like I said, she doesn’t run off and someone knows where she is at. Kelsey, we just want you home…and we won’t quit looking.”

Here’s what you need to know about what the chief said about Patrick Frazee:

The Police Chief Didn’t Have an Answer For Why Patrick Frazee Wasn’t at the Press Conference

De Young, chief of police for the City of Woodland Park, in Colorado, said in the news conference that Kelsey’s mother reported her missing on December 2, 2018, a Sunday, at about 12:37 p.m.

A reporter said that it was his understanding that Patrick Frazee “was invited today. Why is he not here?”

“That is a question you’d have to ask him,” the police chief responded.

Asked whether Frazee was being cooperative, the chief responded, “Yes, at this time, yes.”

He added that the “baby is with her father, Patrick.” Asked whether authorities have searched Patrick Frazee’s residence, he said, “That is something we’re going to have to look into, absolutely. All options are on the table.” He added that Kelsey and Patrick did not live together but were engaged.

Frazee’s attorneys at the Law Office of Jeremy Lowe said in a statement, “Patrick Frazee continues to cooperate with law enforcement in the missing person investigation of Kelsey Berreth. Mr. Frazee’s cooperation includes interviews with law enforcement, voluntarily releasing his phone to be searched by law enforcement, buccal swaps and photographs.”

The statement added, “Much has been said over the news and social media about Mr. Frazee’s absence at the local news conference recently held by the Woodland Park Police Department on December 10, 2018. Mr. Frazee was first notified of the press conference approximately an hour prior to its commencement. Had he been given more advance notice, he would have participated. Mr. Frazee hopes and prays for Ms. Berreth’s return. Mr. Frazee will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and continue to parent the child he shares with Ms. Berreth.”

His attorneys added, “He will not speak to the media about this case, as he does not want to impede law enforcement’s investigation.”
Kelsey’s mother told Today of Kelsey and Patrick: “The relationship has been good. They’re loving.”

Officers were able to contact her place of employment at Doss Aviation down in Pueblo, Colorado. Her employer said they had received a text from Kelsey’s phone on November 25, 2018 saying that Kelsey would not be coming in to work for the next week. Officers went to her residence on December 2. “She was not inside her residence,” said the chief.

He said that Cheryl reached out to Kelsey’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, at that point, and he said he hadn’t heard from her since November 25 when she texted him. Patrick told officers he hadn’t seen her since Thanksgiving, when they exchanged their daughter, said De Young. The 1-year-old girl is currently with her father, Patrick, said the chief, who added that authorities had reviewed video from the local Safeway grocery store from November 22, and it showed her shopping with her daughter. That’s the last time Kelsey was seen.

Kelsey’s phone gave a location around near Gooding, Idaho on November 25. Search warrants on her home and vehicles
“We have not identified anyone as a suspect,” insisted the chief, adding that authorities were “treating it as a missing person’s case.”

Cheryl Berreth told the public, “Someone knows where she is at. Kelsey we just want you home. Call us if you can and we won’t quit looking.”

The chief said that Kelsey is a “flight instructor down at Pueblo. All airplanes are accounted for. There is no indication she has taken off in an airplane and gone somewhere at this point.”

The chief said Kelsey’s house was searched: “Yes, we did search it. Yes, there were some cinnamon rolls. They were cold.”

According to a missing person’s poster from the Woodland Park Police, the community where Kelsey lived, Kelsey Berreth was last seen on November 22, 2018 in the area of her residence, 200 block of E. Lake Avenue in Woodland Park, Colorado. She has family in both Idaho and Washington, the missing person’s poster says. People with information are urged to call the Woodland Park Police Department at 719-687-9262.

The Missing Mother: Kelsey Berreth Facebook page, which is devoted to finding her, provides additional details about the missing woman.

“Missing Since Nov. 22nd, 2018 – She is a mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter and friend…” the page reads. “She is also a Pilot and instructs in Pueblo, CO., loves hiking, running and bicycling.”

On December 6, 2018, the page added, “Kelsey is a pilot. Although it would be out of character for her to not contact anyone before making a cross-country trip we can’t exclude the possibility. Kelsey has ties to the Pacific Northwest as well as Kansas. She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from. I don’t believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now. Non-the-less we have to consider every possibility.”

Kelsey’s brother, Clint Berreth, posted on Facebook, “After arriving at Kelsey’s house last night and combing through her things, we know 1 thing is certain. Kelsey did not pack to go anywhere. All luggage is here. Her purse is all that seems to have gone.” Her cars are not missing, CBS News reports.

The photo of Kelsey with the man and baby was shared without identification by the Kelsey Facebook page. The post with it reads, “Kelsey’s family desperately needs her back. Please call Woodland Park Police Dept. @ 719-687-9262 with any information. Someone must have seen or spoken with her Thanksgiving Day or since. This photo was taken 1 year ago.”

The comment thread under the photo contains this message, “This is a message from Shannon Hicks, I am one of the administrators/moderators for this page. I would like to respectfully remind everyone that this is an ongoing investigation and that we need to be respectful to all concerned. At some point the truth will be released. Until then, I would suggest that we keep character defining suggestions and/or implications to ourselves. If you have information I would ask that you report it to the police immediately or message the this page privately.”

People have inquired whether Kelsey had a husband. The Facebook page further explained, “Thank you for your Concern…Kelsey owns a home and lives in Woodland. She is an Aviation Instructor in Pueblo. The ‘man’ in the photo is the little girl’s father and Kelsey’s fiance.”

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x