The LNU Lightning Complex Fire in California is now more than 46,000 acres in size and 0% contained. The fire is affecting Napa and Sonoma Counties. Read on to see maps, updates, and evacuation information, along with how you can stay updated on the latest breaking news about the fires. See Heavy’s story here for a snapshot of all the fires in California right now.
The Fire Is Still 0% Contained in Napa & Sonoma Counties
— Sonoma County Scanner Updates (@SonomaScanner) August 19, 2020
According to the latest update from Cal Fire, issued at 1:40 p.m. on August 19, the fire is now 46,225 acres in size and 0% contained. It’s active in both Napa and Sonoma Counties. This includes the Hennessey Fire, the Gamble Fire, the 15-10 Fire, the Markley Fire, the 13-4 Fire, and the 11-16 Fire.
Here’s a general map of fires in the Bay Area, including the LNU Complex Fire and the CZU August Lightning Complex Fire, and the SCU Lightning Complex Fire.
Here’s another Bay Area Fire Map, provided by FireMappers:
At 11 a.m., the following size breakdowns for the fires within the LNU Complex were shared by Cal Fire:
- Hennessey Fire: Hennessey Ridge Road in Napa County, California. The fire is current 12,500 acres and 0% contained. 1 structure, 2 outbuldings have been destroyed.
- Gamble Fire: Berryessa Knoxville Road, West of Brooks. Fire is currently 13,000 acres and 0% contained.
- Green Fire: Near Putah Creek Bridge / Berressa Knoxville Rd. Fire is currently 8,000 acres and 0% contained.
- Spanish Fire: Near Spanish Flat. Fire is currently 4,000 acres and 0% contained.
- Markley Fire: Near Monticello dam. Fire is 5,000 acres and 0% contained. Morgan Fire: Fire is 2,200 acres and 0% contained
- Wallbridge Fire: West of Healdsburg. The fire is currently 1,500 acres and 0% contained.
- Myers Fire: North of Jenner. The fire is currently 25 acres and 0% contained.
The complex fire has burned down at least 50 structures, Mercury News reported. It encompasses Napa, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo Counties.
Sonoma County Evacuation Updates & Maps
Here are some more evacuation and fire maps that may be helpful to you.
Sonoma County is sharing the following map with evacuation updates. This map is sometimes slow to load and at times it may give back and error message that reads: “Creating map failed.” But it will load at times. Mandatory evacuations are shaded in red and evacuation warnings are shaded in yellow. Thermal activity and road closures are also indicated. You can see the full map here.
At 2:47 p.m., the map showed the following:
On August 19, Cal Fire posted the following evacuation updates.
First, these are evacuation warnings as of 12:45 p.m. for Sonoma County:
Walbridge – Evacuation Zone 4B1 (Northern Forestville)
- All areas south of River Rd. from Martinelli Rd. to Trenton Rd.
- West of Covey Rd.
- North of Front St. / Hwy. 116
- East of Martinelli Rd.
Walbridge – Evacuation Zone 2K2
- All areas south of Hwy. 101
- East of the Russian River to the Windsor Town limits
- North of where Windsor River Rd. dead ends extending west to the Russian River.
Meyers – Evacuation Zone 1E3
- All areas south of the Russian River
- West of Bohemian Hwy.
- North and East of Coleman valley Rd. and Willow Creek Rd.
Meyers – Evacuation Zone 1E1
- All areas south and west of Willow Creek Rd.
- North of Coleman Valley Rd. and Wright Hill Rd.
- East of the California Coastal National Monument (BLM property)
Sonoma County Evacuation Order as of 11 a.m. per Cal Fire:
- North of Austin Creek Recreational Area
- East of The Cedars
- Mill Creek Road west of the intersection of Puccioni Road
- South of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road
- South of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road
- West of West Dry Creek Road and Westside Road
- North of Sweetwater Springs Road and McCray Ridge Road
- East of the East Austin Creek (the actual creek)
Sonoma County Evacuation Warning as of 11 a.m.:
- West of Meyers Grade Road to the coast
- South of Fort Ross Road
- North of Russian Gulch State Beach
- North of Austin Cree Recreational Area
- East of Cedars
- West of Mill Creek Rd
- South of Stewarts Point-Skaggs Spring Road
Napa County Evacuation Updates & Maps
Stay updated on evacuation orders via Twitter.
Napa County provides a satellite map of the fire here.
According to Napa County’s webpage, the following evacuations are in place (the webpage was checked at 2 p.m.)
Mandatory evacuation orders are in effect for the following areas:
- Wragg Canyon Rd – from HWY 128 to the end of the road, including Pleasure Cove Resort.
- Chiles Pope Valley Road from Lower Chiles Valley Road to Pope Canyon Road.
- Wooden Valley Rd. from 121 South, including Wooden Valley Cross Rd and Gordon Valley Rd to the county line.
- Highway 121 (Monticello Road) from Wooden Valley Road to Vichy Ave.
- All of Hennesey Ridge Road
- Sage Canyon from Chiles Pope Valley to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- Hwy 128 from Lower Chiles Valley Rd to Monticello
- Snell Valley Rd & Butts Canyon Rd including Berryessa Estates & Spanish Valley
- Moskowite Corners to Wooden Valley including Circle Oaks
- 2462 Atlas Peak East to dead end
- Loma Vista Rd East to Soda Canyon dead end
- Berryessa Knoxville Rd from Eastside Rd to Hwy 128
- Everything west of Lake Berryessa Pope Canyon Rd to Berryessa Knoxville
- Intersection on Butts Canyon Rd & Snell Valley Rd to all of Berryessa Estates Sub-D
- All of Steele Canyon Rd. from HWY 128 and Berryessa Highlands Sub Division
Evacuation warnings are in effect for the following areas:
Note: Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
- Monticello Road from Vichy Ave to Silverado Trail
- Ink Grade from Pope Valley Road to White Cottage Road
- Howell Mountain Road from Pope Valley Road to White Cottage Road
- Hwy 128 at Silverado Trail to Lower Chiles Valley Rd.
- Hwy 128 at Lower Chiles Valley Rd to Turtle Rock
- Markley Cove Resort to Pleasants Valley Rd.
Napa County Evacuation Order (as of 11 a.m. per Cal Fire).
- Highway 121 (Monticello Road) – from Wooden Valley Road to Vichy Ave.
- Highway 128 from Lower Chiles Valley Road to Monticello Road
- Highway 128 from Chiles Pope Valley Road to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- Chiles Pope Valley Road from Highway 128 to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- All of Hennessey Ridge Road.
- From Moskowite Corner to Wooden Valley Rd, Including the community of Circle Oaks
- Atlas Peak from the Bubbing Well Pet Cemetary at 2462 Atlas Peak Rd to the dead end
- From Loma Vista Rd / Soda Canyon Rd to the dead end.
- All of Steele Canyon Rd from Hwy 128 to and including the Berryessa Highlands Sub Divison
- Wragg Canyon Rd – from Hwy 128 to the end of the road, including Pleasure Cove Resort
- Chiles Pope Valley Road – From Lower Chiles Valley Road to Pope Canyon Road
See Napa County’s road closure map below or here.
Solano County Evacuation Map & Updates
You can see Solano County’s map here or below.
Areas shaded yellow are evacuation warnings and areas shaded red are evacuation orders.
Yolo County Map & Updates
An evacuation center is set up at Crosswalk Community Church, 2590 First Street, Napa, CA 94558.
An animal evacuation center is set up at Napa County Animal Shelter, 942 Hartle Court, Napa, CA 94559.
How to Stay Updated
Updates for the fire are being issued in the following locations:
- LNU Lightning Complex Cal Fire page
- Cal Fire LNU on Twitter
- Sonoma County Emergency Preparedness and evacuation updates
- Sonoma County Scanner Updates (not official government)
- Yolo County Updates and emergency message alerts
- You can see Solano County’s evacuation map here.
- Napa County: Stay updated on evacuation orders via Twitter and see alerts here.
- Napa County: Text your ZIP code to 888777 for real-time alerts.
- Napa County Evacuation updates’ webpage.