Best-selling author Tom Clancy has passed away. Let’s remember the amazing author with 20 of his best quotes from his books as well as life.
1. Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away.
2. The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
3. There are two kinds of people: the ones who need to be told and the ones who figure it out all by themselves.
4. Success will ruin your life.
5. The good old days are now.
6. Helicopters don’t fly, they vibrate so badly the ground rejects them.
7. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there’s somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, Oh, you can’t do that.
8. Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die.
9. What do I know about sex? I’m a married man.
10. Show me an elitist, and I’ll show you a loser.
11. People live longer today than they ever have. They live happier lives, have more knowledge, more information. All this is the result of communications technology. How is any of that bad?
12. Fundamentally, I think of myself as a storyteller, not a writer.
13. Fighting wars is not so much about killing people as it is about finding things out. The more you know, the more likely you are to win a battle.
14. Beware the fury of a patient man.
15. The only way to do all the things you’d like to do is to read.
16. Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change.
17. I am a politician which means I am a liar and a crook. When I am not kissing babies I am stealing their lollypops.
18. If you want to kick the tiger in his ass you’d better have a plan for dealing with his teeth.
19. She didn’t strike me as a “crossword in ink” kind of girl.”
20. Man is a creature of hope and invention, both of which believe the idea that things cannot be changed.
Discuss on Facebook