It’s time for your Fourth Of July celebrations, barbecues, fireworks, and quotes about freedom to celebrate America’s independence. Read on for the best quotations to show your appreciation for our country and to also poke a little fun at it.
1. No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that our nation stands for than the Fourth of July.
– Mac Thornberry
2. Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
– Ronald Reagan
3. America’s a family. We all yell at each other, and it all works out.
– Louis C.K.
4. May it be long before the people of the United States shall cease to take a deep and pervading interest in the Fourth of July, as the birthday of our national life, or the event which then occurred shall be subordinated to any other of our national history.
– Samuel Freeman Miller
5. It’s Fourth of July weekend, or, as I call it, Exploding Christmas.
– Stephen Colbert
6. My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbour, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love.
– Yakov Smirnoff
7. Without freedom, no one really has a name.
– Milton Acorda
8. It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.
– J Horace McFarland
9. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
– Ronald Reagan
10. I always have the most fun on the Fourth of July. You don’t have to exchange any gifts. You just go to the beach and watch fireworks. It’s always fun.
– James Lafferty