It’s America’s Independence Day, so what better way to celebrate with some of the most famous quotes and sayings, along with quotations about the importance of freedom. Check out our top 10 best quotes to celebrate the holiday, show your patriotism, and laugh at America a little bit.
1. In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.
– Franklin D Roosevelt
2. If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn’t have declared their independence from it.
– Stephen Colbert
3. America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.
– Harry S. Truman
4. Equal and exact justice to all men…freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of person under the protection of the habeas corpus; and trial by juries impartially selected, these principles form the bright constellation, which has gone before us.
– Thomas Jefferson
5. Let freedom never perish in your hands.
– Joseph Addison
6. You can always count on Americans to do the right thing – after they’ve tried everything else.
– Winston Churchill
7. America’s one of the finest countries anyone ever stole.
– Bobcat Goldthwaite
8. If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary.
– Malcolm X
9. It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
– Mark Twain
10. In America, anyone can become President. That’s the problem.
– George Carlin