We’ve all struggled with bad hair days – those mornings (or evenings) when we’ve tried, unsuccessfully, to tame an unruly mane into perfectly smooth, supermodel waves. First, whether you have oily hair or normal hair, a good shampoo and conditioner can get your style off to the right start. Second, blow drying your mane until it’s completely free of moisture will make sure that step three goes smoothly. Finally, having the right hot tool is a key. One great solution to such hair woes is a 2 inch curling iron. Seems huge? In this case, bigger is definitely better. The larger barrel is incredibly effective at smoothing frizzies and straightening wavy or even super curly hair. And if you have straight or somewhat wimpy hair, you’ll achieve lots more body along with big silky curls.
Many curling irons offer different heat settings, attachments and barrel finishes from ceramic to 24K gold. Worth noting, a professional level curling iron will heat up quickly to extremely high temperatures, so be sure to choose the make and model best suited for your hair type. Another consideration is what those high temperatures do in terms of damage to your hair. I highly recommend a pre-curling/straightening spray that can protect your hair from the heat and help to hold its style.
For your best hair days yet, let’s go shopping to check out my list of favorite 2 inch curling irons that you might want to consider adding to your beauty arsenal.
Because using a curling iron, especially a big barrel iron, can be tricky, here are some tips to help you out:
Here are our picks for the Top 5 Best 2 Inch Curling Irons.
1. Best 2 Inch Curling Irons: Hot Tools – Supertool 2 Inch Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control
This Hot Tools Supertool curling iron is great for creating gentle curls, straightening hair and pumping up hair volumes even at the roots. Plated in 24K gold, this iron heats up in 60 seconds, and stays hot. Better yet, the box has instructions for proper heat settings. Ultra lightweight, your arm won’t get tired even if you have big hair. As an added bonus, this curling iron has temperature memory, so you can set it and forget it. Just plug in and you’re on your way to smooth, swoopy curls. If you have extra-think hair, it can be really helpful to section it out using alligator clips. That way, you can carefully curl each section without creating bends or crimps in the surrounding hair. And, if you’re a little clumsy and have a tendency to burn your tender finger tips, consider getting a nifty heat resistant glove to save your pinkies.
Price: $33.86 (29 percent off MSRP)
- Rated 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon
- Temperatures adjustable up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- 8 foot swivel cord for tangle free operation
- Includes two extra easy-to-replace springs
- High heat can burn hair so it’s imperative to read instructions
- Handle with care as the hot iron can blister skin
- Consumer pays shipping charges to return warrantied item
- Mostly metal handle can have a tendency to bend
2. Best 2 Inch Curling Irons: 2 Inch CeramicTi® Tourmaline Spring Iron Model 2111
The Hot Tools 2 Inch CeramicTi® Tourmaline Curling Iron is another great option for making this a good hair day. Ceramic coated barrels are a plus because they heat up faster and create less friction on the hair. Less friction means less frizz for you. With temperatures up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit, this curling iron is great for straightening thick, curly and wavy hair. Its patented pulse technology keeps the barrel temperatures consistent throughout the curling process. A great addition to your frizz fighting tool kit is heat protecting spray. These sprays literally give your hair follicles a coating that protects them from the intense heat of your curling iron without affecting its curling power. To stray away from curls and go for that super straight, super model look, try the Hot Tools Ceramic Flat Iron.
Price: $33.54 (33 percent off MSRP)
- Rheostat heat control up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comfortable soft grip handle with extra-long cool tip
- 8 foot swivel cord for tangle-free operation
- Excellent value for the price
- Ceramic coating wears off with use
- Plastic tip can melt with consistent high-heat use
- High temperature settings can burn fine hair
- Can rust with use
3.Best 2 Inch Curling Irons: xtava Satin Wave 5-in-1 Curling Iron and Wand Set with Temperature Control
The Satin Wave offers five different ceramic barrels of different shapes and sizes to allow maximum versatility with your curling styles. From beachy waves to tight curls, and everything in between, enjoy endless styling possibilities. Use each iron individually for a polished look, or mix and match to customize a head of bouncy, beautiful curls. Ceramic tourmaline technology ensures that your hair remains safe and smooth with shiny curls that last all day long. Tourmaline emits negative ions that counteract the positive ions present in dry or damaged hair, helping seal moisture into your hair and decrease frizz. Universal dual voltage adapts to your travel schedule and ensures you look just as perfect on the road as at home. Comes with a heat resistant bag for safe storage and carrying everywhere you go. Give your gorgeous curls a head start with heat protection shampoo.
Price: $42.99 (43% percent off MSRP)
- 5 ceramic barrels of different shape and sizes allow for maximum versatility
- Convenient auto-shutoff function turns off the device when left unattended
- Universal dual voltage makes it travel friendly
- Comes with a heat-resistant bag for safe storage
- No cool touch tip makes burns a concern
- More expensive than other available choices
- Handle isn’t a great fit in the hand
- High heat settings can burn fine hair
Find more xtava Satin Wave 5-in-1 Curling Iron and Wand Set with Temperature Control information and reviews here.
4. Best 2 Inch Curling Irons: Gold ‘N Hot 24K Professional Spring 2 Inch Curling Iron
The Gold ‘N Hot 2 inch curling iron works great if you’ve got thick or coarse hair. With a high heat setting up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, this is a professional grade iron, as well as the hottest of all of our reviewed curling tools. Perfect for big bouncy curls, this iron heats up fast. Lightweight and easy to use, the 360 degree swivel cord keeps you from getting tangled up and is long enough to reach a plug-in that’s a little further from your mirror.
- MTR multi-temp regulator with variable temperatures ranging from 200-500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cool tip helps prevent burns
- Comes with a built in safety stand
- Heats fast and stays hot
- Ultra high heat can burn hair
- Handle is close to the clamping device making finger burns a concern
- A bit pricier than many other curling irons
5. Best 2 Inch Curling Irons: Hot Shot Tools Ceramic Curling Iron
The Hot Shot’s high heat makes it a great choice for medium length and longer hair, and its tourmaline finish assures you’ll get silky smooth, static-free curls. This curling iron delivers shiny, beautiful curls by emitting gentle far-infrared heat and negative ions, sealing the cuticle and locking in moisture. The narrow, easy grip handle is friendly for all hand sizes, and the built-in stand protects your counter top from burns. One more great feature to note, this curling iron is Canadian-friendly, so take it across the border anytime. Hot Shot also makes a super cool Nano Ceramic Deep Waver that can give your hair a completely different, more casual look.
- High heat temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit used by professional stylists
- Ceramic surface gives off far-infrared heat for frizz free styling
- Highly rated by Amazon reviewers
- Great for body and big, swoopy curls
- Quite expensive compared to similar curling irons
- Temperature control can be accidentally moved higher or lower
- High heat settings can burn fine hair
- No automatic shut-off
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.
Discuss on Facebook