It’s that time of year again and we’ve got all the best song quotes, movies, sayings and quotations to get you through Thanksgiving. Whether you’re stuffing your face with turkey, giving thanks to your loved ones or dreading every minute with your in-laws, these quotes are a great pick-me-up. Check them all out below.
1. Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
– William Arthur Ward
2. Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.
– Erma Bombeck
3. I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.
– Jon Stewart
4. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.
– Meister Eckhart
5. Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.
– E.P. Powell
6. Turkey for the girls and Turkey for the boys. My favorite kind of pants are corduroys. Gobble gobble goo and Gobble gobble gickel. I wish turkey only cost a nickel. Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
– Thanksgiving Song by Adam Sandler
7. Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.
– Amy Grant
8. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
– Oprah Winfrey
9. Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.
– Kevin James
10. You may have heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There’s another day you might want to know about: Giving Tuesday. The idea is pretty straightforward. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, shoppers take a break from their gift-buying and donate what they can to charity.
– Bill Gates
11. Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.
– Michael Dresser
12. An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.
– Irv Kupcinet
13. Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.
– W.J. Cameron
14. Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.
– Johnny Carson
15. Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
– Edward Sandford Martin
Read more Thanksgiving quotes in Spanish at AhoraMismo.com: