Earth Day is today on April 22, 2016. Each year, the day marks the anniversary of the modern environmental movement that occurred in 1970. According to EarthDay.org, Earth Day 1970 “capitalized on the emerging consciousness, channeling the energy of the anti-war protest movement and putting environmental concerns front and center.” So, what can you do to celebrate our beautiful planet on Earth Day (or any day)? We have tons of ideas for both adults and children – from decor to recipes to nature projects. Check them out below.
– Find a beautiful quote about the Earth, print it out and frame it. It’s not just a good reminder on Earth Day. It’s a nice, cute reminder to have in your home year-round. Click here to download a free printable for yourself.
– Take your kids on a Nature Scavenger Hunt for Earth Day. It’s fun for both adults and children. Click here to check out an example of a “hunt list”. You can either print this one out or create your own using this one as a guide.
– Dress up an old globe or buy a new one and add creative touches to remind you how beautiful the Earth is. It’s a great Earth Day craft that is chic and makes for cheery decor. Print out an Earth Day quote and make it part of your globe decorations as well by clicking here.
– Saving the Earth can really make you work up an appetite and there are so many cute recipes to help you celebrate. Check out this Earth Day Sugar Cookies recipe by clicking here. The kids will love these.
– Create a Soda Bottle Terrarium to learn a bit about growing plants in closed environments. Click here to find out how to make your own at home.
Discuss on Facebook