It’s Father’s Day and you may be looking for some wise, funny, or thoughtful words to put in your Father’s Day card. Check out some options for you below.
1. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
– Jim Valvano
2. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right.
– Wade Boggs
3. One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.
– Jim DeMint
4. Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business.
– Jimmy Fallon
5. My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’
– Michael Jordan
6. Father’s Day is hopefully a time when the culture says, ‘This is our moment to look at who our men and boys are.’
– Michael Gurian
7. Without my dad, I wouldn’t be here.
– Maria Sharapova
8. Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything HE knows.
– Al Unser
9. A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.
– Frank A. Clark
10. I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.’
– Paul Walker
11. I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that.
– Adam Sandler
12. When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.
– Dave Attell
13. When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant, I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
– Mark Twain
14. Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.
– Jon Stewart
15. Just once on Father’s Day I wish my kids would give me a #1 Dad mug instead of one with my actual ranking.
– Andy Borowitz
In honor of Father’s Day, many restaurants and eateries offer different promotions or deals. Some even have freebies for dads, so be sure to keep that in mind when going out to eat with your dad, grandpa, or husband.
Discuss on Facebook